Can a Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop Run Sims 3 + Expansions?

by MeghanArnold94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can a Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop Run Sims 3 + Expansions?

★ Novice

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether a Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop can handle Sims 3, plus expansions? I'm in the market for a new computer, and I really miss being able to play, but I can't seem to find any information on whether this one is capable of running 32-bit games. Thanks Standard smile

https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/8ic6 

Message 1 of 5 (577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can a Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop Run Sims 3 + Expansions?

@MeghanArnold94  A new Dell G3 15 gaming laptop should be able to run all Sims 3 packs on ultra graphics settings even at the base-level configuration.  You'd want to manually cap in-game framerates to protect your graphics card from overworking itself, but that's true of any computer capable of running Sims 3 on ultra settings.  (I can help with that process if you want, once you get a new computer; just ask.)

Windows 10 still runs 32-bit programs, as well as all the runtimes that Sims 3 uses, so any computer running a full version of Windows 10 is technically capable of running Sims 3 as well.  That's not the only factor, of course, but between Windows and the hardware in this laptop, you should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (547 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@MeghanArnold94 Unfortunately, I am not able to access the laptop's product page so I cannot see the specs; could you send them here?  As for 32-bit programs, Windows 10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit version) can run them. It's only a matter of specs now to see how the laptop will handle the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (566 Views)

@MeghanArnold94  A new Dell G3 15 gaming laptop should be able to run all Sims 3 packs on ultra graphics settings even at the base-level configuration.  You'd want to manually cap in-game framerates to protect your graphics card from overworking itself, but that's true of any computer capable of running Sims 3 on ultra settings.  (I can help with that process if you want, once you get a new computer; just ask.)

Windows 10 still runs 32-bit programs, as well as all the runtimes that Sims 3 uses, so any computer running a full version of Windows 10 is technically capable of running Sims 3 as well.  That's not the only factor, of course, but between Windows and the hardware in this laptop, you should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (548 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much for all the info! Ended up making the purchase Standard smile I’m sure I’ll definitely need some guidance with the graphics card, once the laptop arrives- I haven’t owned a PC in years, so it’ll all be new to me again. Thanks again! 

Message 4 of 5 (531 Views)

★ Novice

Ah, sorry, I dunno why the link broke. Thanks for the info! I did end up getting the laptop, so fingers crossed it runs smooth.

Message 5 of 5 (527 Views)