Can Sims 4 + 1 expansion run on Azuz Vivobook 15 laptop?

by cat_spaceship_T4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can Sims 4 + 1 expansion run on Azuz Vivobook 15 laptop?

★ Novice

I'm super sorry if this same topic has been posted before, but I was wondering if someone may help me with checking if my laptop will run Sims 4.

Here are my laptop specifications:

Model: Asus Vivobook 15 Laptop-9EVDE247

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz

Installed Ram: 8.00 GB (5.95 usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'm really not sure what information I need to post for my laptop's requirements.

I am looking to only download the base game for Sims 4 and one expansion pack (Realm of Magic)

I have seen similar questions posted about models under my laptop's model and understand that at 8.00 GB that the space is quite limited!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my birthday present to myself this year and am really looking forward to it.

Message 1 of 5 (2,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can Sims 4 + 1 expansion run on Azuz Vivobook 15 laptop?

[ Edited ]

@cat_spaceship_T4  The Sims 4 base game plus Realm of Magic should run on that laptop on medium or medium-high graphics settings.  If it doesn't run, the issue is more likely software-related and is usually fixable.

Although it would be nice to have more, 8 GB RAM isn't really a problem for Sims 4.  If you do notice a slowdown when switching tasks (probably due to memory swap), the fix is to not run much alongside the game while you play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,587 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@cat_spaceship_T4  The Sims 4 base game plus Realm of Magic should run on that laptop on medium or medium-high graphics settings.  If it doesn't run, the issue is more likely software-related and is usually fixable.

Although it would be nice to have more, 8 GB RAM isn't really a problem for Sims 4.  If you do notice a slowdown when switching tasks (probably due to memory swap), the fix is to not run much alongside the game while you play.

Message 2 of 5 (2,588 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for your reply, this really helps me out. 

I do have multiple external hard drives, would any one of them be any use to store saved game data, or can I even do that or does it have to be stored on my laptop? 

Message 3 of 5 (2,579 Views)

@cat_spaceship_T4  Yes, you could install the game onto an external drive easily enough, and you could store your user data folder (saves, saved sims and builds, mods and custom content, etc.) on an external drive as well with a bit of work.  But I'm not sure that's necessary.  How much storage does your laptop have?  (If you're not sure, open a File Explorer window an click This PC.)  It looks like your model should have at least 128 GB, hopefully 256 GB.  The base game is 15 GB, and RoM should be less than 1 GB; without mods or custom content, your entire user data folder would probably be less than 1 GB as well.

Besides, the game will run much faster on your internal drive, especially if it's a solid state drive like most Vivobooks have.  It would be better to store other data externally, or move backups to the external drives, but keep whatever you're currently using on the internal SSD.

Message 4 of 5 (2,571 Views)

★ Novice

It says:

OS(CStandard smile - 238 GB

36.8 GB used / 201 GB free

It seems there are a lot of background apps that came with the laptop but I will go through them to see what I need. 

This is great information, I didn’t know that about the external hard drive slowing the game down but it does make sense.

Message 5 of 5 (2,557 Views)