Can I uninstall TS4 Digital Deluxe without it harming my Standard version?

by cheesy-n-chilada

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I uninstall TS4 Digital Deluxe without it harming my Standard version?

★★ Novice

As I'm sure many of you know, few months ago Origin handed out a free 1 month trial of Origin access. Ever since then it has annoyed me every time I try to play TS4. I owned the Standard version of the game, but with the trial, I got the Digital Deluxe upgrade for 'free'. Now that it's over and I still have not purchased the DD upgrade, the game is always telling me it's failed to download the soundtrack that comes with it any time I Iaunch the game, and with the newest patch, things got even worse. 

I tried to repair my game to fix a very small error and it kept failing. Eventually I realized it was because it kept trying to download the DD version and again, the soundtrack that came with it. So I did it again and this time cancelled both of those options on the repair queue and it was fine, the repair finished and my game was fixed. The next time I launched the game I immediately started editing a household I was last working on and noticed it kept lagging. Whaddaya know, Origin was trying to repair my game while it was open and again failing because of the DD upgrade. I know part of the issue is Origin deciding to repair my game without any prompting but my life would really just be much easier if I could get rid of this DD thing.

So, since on my game page both the Standard version and the DD version appear, can I safely uninstall the DD version without deleting my actual game? Or should I just pay the $15 to get the DD and stop dealing with this madness.

TLDR: TS4 Digital Deluxe, which came with an Origin access trial, is becoming a nuisance. Is it safe to uninstall it without harming my Standard version of the game that I already owned and played with before the trial?

Message 1 of 2 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I uninstall TS4 Digital Deluxe without it harming my Standard version?

@cheesy-n-chilada  If you have automatic game updates enabled in Origin, please disable them.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and disable the option to auto update games.  Clear Origin's cache as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, try right-clicking on the DD icon in your game library and selecting Uninstall.  Hopefully you'll see three options: uninstall, uninstall and remove from library, and revert game edition.  The "revert" option changes your version back to the one you bought; this should tell Origin to stop trying to reinstall the DD that you no longer "own."  If you have some time on your hands, or a very fast internet connection, you can uninstall instead and just install the regular version, but hopefully it won't come to that.

The other option is to contact EA customer support and ask that the Access version be reomoved from your game library.  This is simple for a support rep to do.  The issue is that support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.  So it's often overloaded, and people can have difficulty even getting in the very long line for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (333 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can I uninstall TS4 Digital Deluxe without it harming my Standard version?

@cheesy-n-chilada  If you have automatic game updates enabled in Origin, please disable them.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and disable the option to auto update games.  Clear Origin's cache as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, try right-clicking on the DD icon in your game library and selecting Uninstall.  Hopefully you'll see three options: uninstall, uninstall and remove from library, and revert game edition.  The "revert" option changes your version back to the one you bought; this should tell Origin to stop trying to reinstall the DD that you no longer "own."  If you have some time on your hands, or a very fast internet connection, you can uninstall instead and just install the regular version, but hopefully it won't come to that.

The other option is to contact EA customer support and ask that the Access version be reomoved from your game library.  This is simple for a support rep to do.  The issue is that support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.  So it's often overloaded, and people can have difficulty even getting in the very long line for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (334 Views)