Can I transfer my Sims 3 Game(plus expansions) to another computer?

by melanieclairet

Original Post

Re: Can I transfer my Sims 3 Game(plus expansions) to another computer?

★★★ Newbie

I have recently transferred my game from one computer to the next. When I originally bought The Sims 3, I bought it as the Starter Pack with Night Life and High-End Loft. All of my expansions transferred except for Night Life and High-End Loft. With my old computer, it says that Night Life is not installed in Orgins, but when you click the actual game it's self and tab to the "Expansions and Stuff" page, Night Life is in there. How do I go about fixing this?

Message 11 of 21 (2,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am asking for my daughters game. She has changed laptops and is able to get all of the games to transfer and work fine, but how does she get the families she created to transfer? Or is that not possible?

Message 12 of 21 (2,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but how do I solve that?!?!?!?!?!?!

Message 13 of 21 (2,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know how to redownload my sims3 game to another computer when it's already on one...HELP please!!!

Message 14 of 21 (2,315 Views)

★ Novice

i am having the same problem. i have island paradise, future, university life, generations, supernatural and pets but all of them downloaded except pets. i have undownloaded and redownloaded it onto my old computer to see if it would work but it keeps saying i have to buy it and my new computer doesnt have a disc tray so i cant download it via disc. im sorry im no help but im trying to fix it.

Message 15 of 21 (2,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having problems on my old computer i have all the expansion packs on this one it only gives me 3 from origin my rest we're brought but they did not show in my extra content

Message 16 of 21 (2,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dam, EA Games and Dam Origin and Daaam the Sims 3,.. I spent 3 days now step by step trying to clear stupid error messages each time I launch Origion,....3 days step by step trying to get that cleared, with the Errors clock on Origon again it gives me a Blank loadeing screen continue to to do things step by step to get rid of the wite loading screen I unistal origin re instal it gives me errors again,... I had enoph of all that I try to load it manually disk by disk and it brings up the error messages again threw origion,..... Before I did the Factory Reset on my Computer that EA customer service tells me to do I was Playing my Game but had all kinda of constant Freezeing in the game my game lagging and pauseing really Iv been spending day after day for two weeks now just trying to repair my computer to make it compatiple with the stupid game and the Dam Error messages it send me,... I tell yea right now If I had more money in this Life time Id throw out all these stupid sims 3 Disks and go back to sims 2 at least sims two was less compliacted didnt have so many errors.Freezeing, you can play off line with it and Didnt need stupid-Origion,... I wonder How many people in this world playing sims 3 threw origin have had strokes,..... So Tired of it I quit Im gonna stop trying to repair and install this stupid game its Not worth the stress the fustration really,...... Happy sims 2 Simming everyone lol

Message 17 of 21 (2,040 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@simsisamazing123  Did you redeem the codes in Origin? Where did you buy the packs?

Message 18 of 21 (2,029 Views)

★ Novice

My husband used to play Sims 3, but is now playing Sims 4, so he passed all his Sims 3 games to me, but I can't register them as my games, because he had registered them as his years ago. Is there a solution to this situation?

Message 19 of 21 (1,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@melanieclairet i'm sorry im late but i just had this problem too, but if you have origin, go to your library and right click the game the you want to transfer on your computer and go to where it says move, after that it should download all of it to your computer whether you have a new computer or the same computer. I hope this helped Standard smile
Message 20 of 21 (1,697 Views)