Can I install sims 4 without a disc drive?

by Nightybeb2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I install sims 4 without a disc drive?

★★★ Newbie

I have the sims for as a disc. The box the disc came is preused and doesnt have a code with it. I have another pc which does have a disc drive however the pc I wish to download this sims dlc does not have a disc drive. Is there any way for me to transfer the dlc from the disc through one pc to the other? 

Message 1 of 4 (536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I install sims 4 without a disc drive?

[ Edited ]

@Nightybeb2  While it's technically possible to install Sims 4 without a disc drive, you can't do it with a product code that's already been used.  You'd need to register that code in Origin in order to be able to download the game, and each code is permanently tied to the first account that registered it.  In fact, you wouldn't even be able to install the game using the disc: the install process would require you to use Origin and register your game anyway.

Transferring the files from one computer to another doesn't work either.  Origin is still required to run the game and verify ownership.

The only way to get the game is to buy it.  If you're not interested in paying full price, look for frequent sales: the base game can be as cheap as $5 U.S., and most packs are also discounted.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (496 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Nightybeb2  While it's technically possible to install Sims 4 without a disc drive, you can't do it with a product code that's already been used.  You'd need to register that code in Origin in order to be able to download the game, and each code is permanently tied to the first account that registered it.  In fact, you wouldn't even be able to install the game using the disc: the install process would require you to use Origin and register your game anyway.

Transferring the files from one computer to another doesn't work either.  Origin is still required to run the game and verify ownership.

The only way to get the game is to buy it.  If you're not interested in paying full price, look for frequent sales: the base game can be as cheap as $5 U.S., and most packs are also discounted.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (497 Views)

★★★★ Guide

to add to @puzzlezaddict - if it was you who registered the code in the first place, you can download it from the Origin account you registered it to without the disc.

Message 3 of 4 (487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I see thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (470 Views)