Can I give the sims 3 away without problems?

by KlaraGafvert

Original Post

Highlighted

Can I give the sims 3 away without problems?

★ Novice

Hi! I no longer play the sims 3 and am going to give all my sims 3 games away - when origin came, I made sure to "install" my already played games there to have a platform for everything! Now, I have uninstalled every sims 3 game and done it via origin but the sims 3 still appears in my game library as a thing to download - can I still give the games away without the person logging in to my origin account since the sims 3 game appears in my library? Can that person "install" it on their account?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)

Re: Can I give the sims 3 away without problems?

Community Manager

@KlaraGafvert 

No, you cannot do this. When you purchase a game it is permanently connected to your account.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (360 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Barry oh okay, every expansion/stuffpack or the base game only? I only see the base game on my origin and non of the expansion and stuff packs I had installed on my computer
Message 3 of 5 (334 Views)

@KlaraGafvert  Click on the Sims 3 icon in your Origin library, select More > Expansion Packs (you might need to scroll down a bit), and look through the list to see whether your packs show up as owned.  Do the same with Stuff Packs.  If they do show as owned, they're attached to your account, and you can't give the codes away.

Some people still install via disc only, with no Origin involvement, but you'd need disc copies of everything, plus a base game disc manufactured before September 2012, in order to install without Origin.  The newer discs require Origin to manage the install process, and it usually doesn't let people install discs whose codes have already been registered to a dfifferent account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Okay, thank you! Saw that it said "download" so I guess I can't give them away... it just sucks that they can't be given away and won't be used so that I'll have to throw them away
Message 5 of 5 (314 Views)