Re: Can I get the cc back after saving?

by Psychotps

Original Post

Can I get the cc back after saving?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I updated my Sims 4 game but forgot to press "enable custom content and mods" and restarting before playing. Instead I accidentally started to play without the custom content and SAVED my game with the "save" button ( not "save as...").

After realising that the cc was missing I enabled cc and mods and restarted the game, but it was too late. Now when I try to load my game all the cc that previously were on my sims are gone. I still have the cc available in CAS, but I believe that it would be too much work to to put back the cc on all of my sims again.

Is there any way to get back the cc that were on my sims? Please help

Message 1 of 5 (1,488 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JEcreate 

You can choose to load an earlier save.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,442 Views)

★★★★ Expert

That's about it.

If you have CC disabled (which is done automatically when the game updates), and you load and save the game, any CC on sims will be removed. On that save, it's gone, permanently. It can't be gotten back.

You can either go through and re-dress them all (houses too), or load an older save if you have one.

You can also look through deleted saves. When you pull up the Load screen, there's a button on the bottom-right that will allow you to recover deleted saves. You can look through those and see if one of those is OK.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 5 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Deleted saves? I've never seen this before. is this still a thing? I'm desperately trying to recover a save I feel the update might of gotten rid of

Message 4 of 5 (703 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@chinyereigwe 

To recover a save select Load Game click recover save after selecting a save where you want to recover an earlier save.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (691 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help