Can I download cc to a external hard drive or USB?

by Kndiaye100

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I download cc to a external hard drive or USB?

★★★ Novice

Hi. I recently got sims 4 and i LOVE it. I especially love playing with CC. The only problem is that the cc takes up too much space from my computer. I was wondering if there is a way to download my cc to a hard drive or usb drive and then connect the cc to the game when I able to play.

Message 1 of 4 (19,523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I download cc to a external hard drive or USB?

Champion (Retired)
You can store it anywhere. When you want to use it copy it to your Sims 4 Mods folder.
Since CC and mods don't take up much space you must really be strapped for space so I will suggest you buy a bigger HD since you would run out of space when you next install something anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (19,583 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
You can store it anywhere. When you want to use it copy it to your Sims 4 Mods folder.
Since CC and mods don't take up much space you must really be strapped for space so I will suggest you buy a bigger HD since you would run out of space when you next install something anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (19,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My laptop seems to only have a 2GB internal memory, I have 15GB sandisk but it wont let me download my game to there, keeps saying something about a root drive?

Message 3 of 4 (18,853 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LisaBrewer94 

15GB is too little space to install the Sims 4. You need more space. Either remove something or get a bigger HDD.

Message 4 of 4 (18,848 Views)