Re: Can I delete extra files from CC and still be able to use them?

by Player_qe38v2wp

Original Post

Can I delete extra files from CC and still be able to use them?

★ Novice

I'm not really sure how to explain this, but for people who usually download CC, when you download something like hair for example, and you get like a folder with 2 or 3 files in it: a .jpg/.png file, and the actual file, then once you unzip it, it makes the actual file you put in your game. Well, I ran out of storage on my macbook so I'm trying to put the actual unzipped files on my flash drive to put into another computer that has more storage. Can I do this and delete the extra files and still be able to see the mods in my game? I was just going to go into the sims 4 file and drag everything from my mods folder onto a file on my flashdrive. Will this work? 

Message 1 of 3 (1,853 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@xopisces if the format is .jpg or .png yes you can delete it without any issues. those images are examples, logos from the creator or the texture if you wanna do your own custom recolor. example: a .png file with the texture of a blue door. you can take that texture change it to red, and with some software to create CC for the sims 4 you can do your own recolor pack for you or for share. but those files are not needed to make the CC work.
Message 2 of 3 (1,836 Views)

★ Novice

Okay thanks! So I can delete everything except that one file and it’ll be ok and work still?

Message 3 of 3 (1,827 Views)