Re: Can I change the location of my screenshot folder

by LilyMuir

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I change the location of my screenshot folder

★★★ Newbie

Currently, and obviously, the folder is going somewhere I'd rather it not. I tried to go into the Game Options to change the folder location. It won't let me even delete the path? Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3 (1,990 Views)

Accepted Solution

@LilyMuir  The game doesn't allow you to change where screenshots are stored.  But if you know your way around computers a little bit or can follow instructions, you could create a symbolic link to redirect the screenshots where you want them to go.  This guide is written for moving the entire Sims 4 folder, but it should work equally well for just the Screenshots folder as long as you get the file paths exactly right:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

Make a backup copy of your screenshots before doing anything else, that is if you have any you want to preserve.  And keep in mind that if you ever do a factory reset/clean folder test, you'll either need to recreate the symlink or move over the existing one once you have a new Sims 4 user folder in place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,957 Views)

All Replies

@LilyMuir  The game doesn't allow you to change where screenshots are stored.  But if you know your way around computers a little bit or can follow instructions, you could create a symbolic link to redirect the screenshots where you want them to go.  This guide is written for moving the entire Sims 4 folder, but it should work equally well for just the Screenshots folder as long as you get the file paths exactly right:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

Make a backup copy of your screenshots before doing anything else, that is if you have any you want to preserve.  And keep in mind that if you ever do a factory reset/clean folder test, you'll either need to recreate the symlink or move over the existing one once you have a new Sims 4 user folder in place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for answering so quickly. I will attempt this solution and see how it goes.
Message 3 of 3 (1,945 Views)