Can I add something to computer to run better?

by Talexa99

Original Post

Can I add something to computer to run better?

★★ Novice

I no longer have a desktop and have had to play on my laptop. The game runs terribly and it take years to load the game. Is there anything I can add or change for it to run smoothly? It’s on laptop mode and everything is turned down. I don’t have any CC and I may have a few files saved on the computer. It’s mostly empty, I really don’t want to have to buy a new laptop.

Message 1 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: Can I add something to computer to run better?

@Talexa99  Unfortunately, your laptop is mostly not upgradable.  Its processor and the graphics chip integrated into it are both quite weak for the game, and neither can be replaced without a lot of trouble, and given how these laptops are built, probably either not at all or only at a cost that's above the value of the laptop.

One thing you could do is add another 4 GB memory.  While that wouldn't make Sims 4 run well, it would likely help somewhat, and RAM is pretty cheap.  You'd need to check the manual for your laptop, but it looks like this would match, and it's $28 for a second 4 GB stick:

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/dell/inspiron-15-(3531)

You could also likely buy through Dell.

However, the processor and graphics chip are still going to hold back performance to a significant extent.  I'm sorry to say it, but there really isn't anything you can do to play on more than low settings.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)