Can I Get My CC Back Into The Game?

by prettyfrickinodd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I Get My CC Back Into The Game?

★ Novice

Okay, so, my Sims wasn't working so I moved my CC out of the folder. Now the game works, but I still want my CC. Can I put it back into the game and have the game work?

Message 1 of 8 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I Get My CC Back Into The Game?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @prettyfrickinodd 

Using cc and mods requires a bit of maintenance, 1 for the makers of to keep it updated to all the packs and updates, 2 to make sure you check if they have.  It's also good to make some subfolders to help finding the broken cc/mods a quicker process. 

There are more tips following, but yes also to add them back a small amount at a time to (some use what's called the '50/50' method) find if your game works ok beforehand. By starting and running your game each time.

Spoiler
 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly; and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack.

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.
    • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack
    • I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.
    • Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too; as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing. It will detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

Let me know if you how you go,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (617 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @prettyfrickinodd 

Using cc and mods requires a bit of maintenance, 1 for the makers of to keep it updated to all the packs and updates, 2 to make sure you check if they have.  It's also good to make some subfolders to help finding the broken cc/mods a quicker process. 

There are more tips following, but yes also to add them back a small amount at a time to (some use what's called the '50/50' method) find if your game works ok beforehand. By starting and running your game each time.

Spoiler
 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly; and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack.

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.
    • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack
    • I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.
    • Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too; as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing. It will detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

Let me know if you how you go,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 8 (618 Views)

★ Novice

I tried that, but every time I put CC in the game, it gets stuck in the loading screen. I want to know if I can fix that.

PS: I deleted a lot of my CC.

Message 3 of 8 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

You cannot possibly have tried all the options I've outlined. You have to find the broken cc or mod; which is why you're stuck on the loading screen..

There is no way to bypass finding the out of date or broken cc.

Sasha

Message 4 of 8 (544 Views)

★ Novice

I have gotten rid of the broken CC but I don't know how to find out the out-date of CC.

Message 5 of 8 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

You take all the cc out.. you add it back one folder or one cc item at a time, trying to start the game each time. To 'single out' the cc/mod corrupting your game.

This is all explained in the 'drop down' of my first reply.

Message 6 of 8 (531 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry it took so long to reply. OH MY GOD THANK YOU! It worked!

Message 7 of 8 (513 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @prettyfrickinodd 

That's ok, mods and cc can be a time consuming maintenance 'project'; so glad it worked for you! Standard smile

Just remember (and perhaps copy tips) for next update or expansion pack Star

Happy Simming!

Sasha

Message 8 of 8 (496 Views)