Camera glitches in live/build buy mode

by lulimkrispy

Original Post

Camera glitches in live/build buy mode

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a problem with my game.  When I move the camera around in live/build buy mode in the SIMS 4, it is constantly glitching and jumpy and is not easy to play the game with.  I have lowered my game options but I don't think that was the case because I had been playing with those settings for years.  My game is on an external hard drive (which I have had no issues with) and I cannot figure out how to clear the cache on that, I've looked through every folder on the external hard drive.  I've also tried to repair and update the game multiple times with no luck. The best way I can describe the way it moves is, when you move the camera quickly it glitches and it's very noticeable.

Does any one have any advice? 

Message 1 of 4 (1,179 Views)

Re: Camera glitches in live/build buy mode

Hero

Hi @lulimkrispy

if you didn't move your doc folder to the external drive, then it's probably still on the c drive.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,157 Views)

★ Apprentice

No mods or CC. only been happening since last update for get famous. Buy mode is terrible, mouse clicks on what I want but it doesn't register or jumps, click again, I can be doing this several times before it registers grabs and places. it's as though the mouse cant connect with the icons. same thing in build mode.  I also get the circle arrow on my mouse and even when I use the esc key it still stays until I go somewhere in buy mode. but buy mode is nearly impossible. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,053 Views)

Hero

Hi @stockingfeet

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,037 Views)