Camera Rotation Speed Issue Post-Patch

by sadburritoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Camera Rotation Speed Issue Post-Patch

★★★★★ Newbie

I just got the new Sims 4 (9/5/19) update today and immediately upon entering the game to resume renovating an apartment, I noticed that the camera rotation was extremely off. The slightest mouse movement causes the camera to make several whole rotations rapidly and it's frankly nauseating. Note that this is happening using both Sims 4 and Sims 3 Camera Controls and I'm not having any issues with my mouse in any other program, and I did not have this issue when I played this morning prior to installing the latest patch.

• I did some research and saw this was a known issue with Reshade, so I followed online guides to uninstall Reshade and presets. The problem didn't go away.
  • Next, I checked for updates for all my Mods, and when that didn't work, I backed up my Mods folder and launched the game without Mods entirely, but still had the issue.
  • I repaired my game and still, with and without mods and CC, the rotation problem persisted.
  • As a last ditch effort, I backed up my Tray, Saves, Screenshots, and Recorded Videos folders, uninstalled The Sims 4 through Origin, deleted The Sims 4 folder from Documents/Electronic Arts, launched the game, and yet I still have the issue.

Is there anything more that can be done? The only solutions I've seen in other threads were either Reshade related (which I believe should be ruled out after deleting the files and later wholly reinstalling The Sims 4) or the issue simply solved itself. 
I will include a text file of my DxDiag in case that will be of help. Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 4 (745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Camera Rotation Speed Issue Post-Patch

@sadburritoo  Try disabling Origin in-game as well.  There's a global setting, accessible via Application Settings > Origin in-game.  There's also a setting for each individual game, and you may need to turn this off too.  Right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your game library and select Properties, then uncheck the box for Origin in-game.

Not that you asked, but the driver for your Intel graphics chip (the one integrated into the processor) is almost three years old.  Asus isn't providing new drivers for your laptop anymore, as I'm sure you know.  But you can download a new driver directly from Intel:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88967

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (728 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Turn off origin in-game. 

Message 2 of 4 (729 Views)

@sadburritoo  Try disabling Origin in-game as well.  There's a global setting, accessible via Application Settings > Origin in-game.  There's also a setting for each individual game, and you may need to turn this off too.  Right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your game library and select Properties, then uncheck the box for Origin in-game.

Not that you asked, but the driver for your Intel graphics chip (the one integrated into the processor) is almost three years old.  Asus isn't providing new drivers for your laptop anymore, as I'm sure you know.  But you can download a new driver directly from Intel:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88967

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for your help, this fixed it! 

As for the driver, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm honestly shocked to learn that, because I'm signed up for notifications for updates from Intel. I'll look into it! 

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4 (723 Views)