by crinrict

Original Post

Camera Moves On Its Own When I Raise Objects

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any lot in any world and raise any object with the number 9 key.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as I try to raise any object with the number 9 key, my camera zooms out and locks until I stop raising the object. Lowering an object with the number 0 key does not do the same thing.
What do you expect to see? I expect my camera to not freak out as soon as I try to raise an object.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a frustrating bug I'd like fixed. I can hardly build anything anymore because it takes so long to get my camera back and orient myself again. I've checked all my settings and removed all my mods and found no solution. The bug didn't pop up after I installed any mods or content packs. Please help!

Message 1 of 2 (6,720 Views)

Re: Camera Moves On Its Own When I Raise Objects

Hero
@HoonahDaBear This happens if you save a camera state.

You need to either trash the following file: E:\Crinrict\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\VideoCameraStates\VideoCameraStates.ini

or try this:

Camera Positions saved to the “9” key could conflict with using the “9” key to raise an object in the air when the bb.moveobjects cheat is turned on. To resolve this, we’ve introduced the ability to clear out a previously saved camera position.
Existing Camera Position functionality:
“Ctrl” + “5-9” will set a saved camera position.
Once a camera position has been saved…
“5-9” keys will smoothly move the camera to that position.
“Shift” + “5-9” will immediately snap the camera to that position.
New Camera Position functionality:
“Alt” + “5-9” will remove a previously saved camera position from the selected number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (6,673 Views)