by crapsickles

Original Post

Call to Meal Action Missing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Holiday Celebration, Sims 4 Bonus Content, Grimmie's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Directing sim to Serve Meal, and clicking on the finished plate. Also happens with cook meal, cook gourmet meal, and cook grand meal. This happens 100% of the time, the option disappeared from the available actions. Mod history is listed below.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to Call to Meal and Call to Grand Meal is not present. This is affecting my game during events as well as regular Live mode.
What do you expect to see? The option to Call to Meal or Call to Grand Meal to be present. This also affects holidays and events where Calling to Meal is required.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug began sometime after I installed Xerox's Simulation Lag Fix mod and plasticbox's Simple Curtains [links are above.] I uninstalled the Simulation Lag Fix mod as it was not improving my game's time lag. If this bug started while I had this installed, then I did not notice. I removed the Simple Curtains once I noticed this issue as a precaution. Both mod uninstalls were followed by a game repair and cache clear. When I first got The Sims 4 I had a large collection of Create a Sim custom content, but I want to say I uninstalled all CAS custom content at the beginning of 2018. 

I could not find any instances of this within EA's forums or otherwise.

Thanks!

(removed all mod links. Please don't link mods, only name them)

Message 1 of 7 (3,911 Views)

Re: Call to Meal Action Missing

★ Apprentice
Okay, so I started my game, visited Magnolia Promenade, tabbed out to check this forum, tabbed back in, and the option is back... I am hoping to keep this thread up in the case it happens again, or in the case anyone else experiences this.
Message 2 of 7 (3,895 Views)

Hero

@crapsickles

Moving this to the tech forum as it seems to have been a temp glitch.

Let me know if it comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (3,876 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict. I was OK all weekend, but the issue is back. Of course, during winterfest haha. </3

Message 4 of 7 (3,857 Views)

Hero

Hi @crapsickles

could you upload the newest version of your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (3,846 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crapsickles This has resurfaced just in the last few days. I could call to meal, then suddenly could not. The option is ONLY there for a grand meal, not a regular batch of food.
Message 6 of 7 (2,895 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (2,866 Views)