Traveling to lots boots back to map/crashes (no Error Code)

by crinrict

Original Post

Traveling to lots boots back to map/crashes (no Error Code)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Issue

• My Sim gets invited somewhere but instead of going there, my game just loads back to the maps
  • My Sims wants to travel somewhere but the map just reloads. 

There's no error messages showing and the game crashes often.

Cause

This seems to be cause by the same thing as the following issues

The game doesn't fully patch/install, leaving the game incomplete and causing issues

Solution

• Close the game
  • Right-Click on the Game in Origin
  • Hit Repair Game

Please post here if this doesn't help you. If you get an error code in the form of xxx:xxxxxxxx:xxxxxx when booted back to the map, then this is not your issue. Please create a new thread and post a screenshot of your error code. As those are often mod related, do make sure to check your mods first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 24 (1,714 Views)

i can no longer travel

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? i dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? vampire
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? select travel in game play
What happens when the bug occurs? when I try to travel/ go on date the game takes me the worlds page and then if I try to load my game again it kicks me out of the game
What do you expect to see? to travel to another location like I use to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this started happening after I downloaded the vampire pack

Message 1 of 24 (1,824 Views)

Re: i can no longer travel

Hero
@maneennikki12 Does the game crash or are you brought back to the map ? Do you get any error messages ?

Does that happen with every lot/household or just a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (1,807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

first it brings me to the map, if I try to load my game again the game crashes and closes the game. I just remembered I have another issue and that is when I try to change my character (any of them, I have 8 in the house) the screen just looks like a galaxy/ outer space.

Message 3 of 24 (1,792 Views)

Hero
@maneennikki12 Try if a game repair helps

1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Press Repair game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (1,780 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@maneennikki12 I don't understand. If you travel, it's SUPPOSED to bring you to the worlds map so you can choose a destination. Is it not allowing you to choose one?
Message 5 of 24 (1,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Yes, it does bring you to the Worlds map, but once you choose a world and then a site, it never loads. Instead, it brings you again to the Worlds map and then crashes (and closes) if you try to go back to the Sims' home or anywhere else.

Message 6 of 24 (1,764 Views)

Hero
@deejaydub71 Are you also not using mods/cc ? Have you tried a game repair as suggested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (1,757 Views)

Hero
@maneennikki12 Did a game repair help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (1,709 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@deejaydub71 I'd try a game repair as @crinrict suggested. Also removing any mods/cc for a quick test would be a good idea also.
Message 9 of 24 (1,698 Views)