[CURRENT ISSUE] Spinning Camera issues

by thuraski

Original Post

Re: My whole game is broken

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your help but it had something to do with origin!

Message 111 of 118 (1,431 Views)

Camera and CAS bugs

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occurs in create a sim and build mode, I... don't really know why it happens so I guess if the bug isn't happening in your game, there's no way to cause it to happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? This is possibly the most difficult thing to describe, but I will try my best. With the camera in build mode and create a sim (might happen in live mode, I haven't actually tried), it spins SUPER fast. When you try to rotate the camera, it spins super fast (to the point of being unplayable), almost as if the mouse sensitivity has been turned to max. Just a little nudge of the mouse and the camera goes flying. Now, say you were moving the camera to the left, and want to turn it right. It will spin left a few times before it finally spins right. Now, another create a sim bug: This but happens when I try to drag a sims features to modify them. Say I'm trying to modify their nose, it kind of acts (bare with me) kinda like your cursor is attached to the nose by a string. Again, unplayable.
What do you expect to see? What I saw before this bug happened, the camera to be working normally, and for CAS to be working properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game.

Removing and disabling CC and mods didn't work, I've never had a problem with CC or mods and I didn't download anything new prior to this issue.
I've gotten assistance from a live chat but the instructions I received didn't solve the issue, sadly.

Message 112 of 118 (1,447 Views)

Re: Camera and CAS bugs

Hero
@palithepancake This issue is related to re-shader ? Are you using that ?

Try turning off Origin in game. That should solve the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 118 (1,409 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you!! That worked! I'm so glad.
Message 114 of 118 (1,376 Views)

Hero
@palithepancake Glad to hear.

Merged your post into the master thread for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 115 of 118 (1,359 Views)

Sim uncontrollably spinning in create a sim

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, seasons, get to work, vampries, cats & dogs, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into create a sims and move your sim
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim spins uncontrollably
What do you expect to see? my sim turning around normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help I really want to make new sims but I can't with this bug Frown

Message 116 of 118 (1,321 Views)

Re: Sim uncontrollably spinning in create a sim

Hero
@auhbray24 Merged this with the master thread on this.

Please try turning off Origin in game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 117 of 118 (1,288 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Spinning Camera issues

★★★ Guide
@thuraski Same - PS4 - All games/packs

The only way to fix it is to switch off my controller & switch back on again.
Message 118 of 118 (729 Views)