[CURRENT ISSUE] Spinning Camera issues

by thuraski

Original Post

Re: Realm of Magic eyes not working + CAS can't rotate

★ Guide
@crinrict I've heard that some folks have had similar issues with this and the discord overlay, I can't confirm this, but I've seen it mentioned on several other websites. It seems like any "gaming" overlays might be a thing that could cause this issue.
Message 101 of 118 (1,145 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic eyes not working + CAS can't rotate

★ Novice
@Sparkiekong oh my gosh, thank you!! I turned the overlay on a couple of days ago and started having this issue in the game but did not put 2 and 2 together. Turned it off and restarted the game - voilà!
Message 102 of 118 (1,058 Views)

Re: [RESHADER RELATED] Spinning Camera issues (Windows Update)

★★ Guide

hopefully this isn't confusing the issue - I've read through the posts and some players are having issues that they believe is caused by the discord overlay, I just want to add that I was also having problems with the erratic camera, in my case it was 'rebounding' so when I tried to zoom at a certain angle it would bounce straight back to it's previous viewing angle. I turned off the nvidia Geforce overlay and everything's ok again.

Message 103 of 118 (1,023 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

★★★ Newbie

Same, But I am using reshade (I tried to uninstall it but it didn't work..) I hope you can help.. 

With all my love & respect. <3 Standard smile

Message 104 of 118 (942 Views)

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

★★★ Newbie

How do you uninstall it from sims?

With all my love & respect <3 Standard smile

Message 105 of 118 (942 Views)

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

Champion (Retired)

@varsharose 

On Reshades forum you can see how to do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 106 of 118 (934 Views)

My whole game is broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I Have all the expansions except from island living and discover university. I have all the game packs except from realm of magic and strangerville. I have all the stuff packs except from moschino, my first pet stuff, fitness stuff and cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By reading about what happens when it occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically when I go into cas and I try and turn a sim around it does this whole weird movingly around thing. It’s like this: I want to go right and the sim goes around super fast (I don’t know why) and then when I try and turn them the other way it slows down and then does the exact same thing the other way. It’s like when you’re in “screenshot mode” and you turn the camera really fast then it slows down and adjusts to way your going. It’s the same thing in “live” mode and build and buy. I have no idea how this occurred in my game. I’ve taken out my mods, updated my reshade, turn my settings down low, changed the ui but it keeps happening.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my cursor being normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 107 of 118 (860 Views)

Re: My whole game is broken

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

This is a problem with reshade 4.5, if you go back to reshade 4.4 and turn off Origin In Game you should be okay.

Message 108 of 118 (852 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@plumbobxreaper Did you try turning off Origin In game ? It is related to reshader but for most people it works to if you turn off Origin in game.

I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 109 of 118 (850 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Omg thank you so much!! I’ve been having this problem for a solid 2 weeks. 

Message 110 of 118 (837 Views)