[CURRENT ISSUE] Spinning Camera issues

by thuraski

Original Post

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

[ Edited ]
Hero

@failbender Thanks

Going to mark the solution for visibility for now.

Are you guys all using reshade ?

Need some more confirmation

@thuraski  @ActuallySammy  @NuclearNoises @szanne7000 @SimieKins @xoChelleJoxo @treebats 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 118 (2,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

There's many, many reports this week over on the Sims community of Tumblr about problems with ReShade and the Win 10 1903 update that just came out. The only workaround I know of is to either uninstall ReShade or roll back the Windows update.

I use ReShade, but I don't have this problem, because I'm on Win 10 Pro and block updates using the Group Policy Editor.

ETA: Here's one post where folks are talking about it: https://pictureamoebae.tumblr.com/post/185653132064/heya-guys-im-having-problems-with-reshade-ive#no....

Message 42 of 118 (2,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictyes I'm using reshade too. Crap, it's gonna suck having to take that away if that's really the issue Frown but I'll try it

- update - me removing reshade did in fact make it all go back to normal

Hopefully ReShade can patch this? It would help if we went to the reshade forums as well to try to get their attention about this. So far this one has the most responses:

https://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5508-ts4-new-windows-update-causing-probs-with-reshade

Message 43 of 118 (2,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I use Reshade.  Thx

Message 44 of 118 (2,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictYes, as a matter of fact, I am.

I'm using ReShade 3.1.0.231

I'm going to see if just turning it "off" in game will halt the issue. I wonder if this is happening with all recent ReShade versions - have you received enough information to tell?

Thank you for all you do!

UDPATE: Turning off the overlay while in game does NOT resolve the issue, lol.

Message 45 of 118 (2,795 Views)

Hero
Thanks all for confirming. I'm moving this back to tech.

As there seems three parties involved in this

- ReShade
- Windows Update
- Sims 4

I don't know who needs to fix this but for now, you'll either need to revert to before the Windows update or turn of ReShade.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 118 (2,791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I don't have Reshade.
Message 47 of 118 (2,780 Views)

Hero
@thuraski Frown But it's still fixed for you after the update, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 118 (2,773 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict So far, I'll check back later to see if installing the pack does anything.
Message 49 of 118 (2,768 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict https://reshade.me/forum/releases/5417-4-3?start=60

pg 4, #74, user a1chera_ posted an update to their ts4 issue (I'm thinking spinning camera? Unfortunately, they don't state *specifically* that their issue was related to spinning camera

This may be a solution to the issue - I'll need to update to 4.3 ReShade to see if this will resolve the issue for and allow me to continue to use ReShade.

...except, lol, thuraski doesn't have ReShade Frown

Also, when I originally installed the 3.1.0 version I did use DX9.
Message 50 of 118 (2,767 Views)