Re: [TROUBLESHOOTING] Spinning Camera issues (Windows Update)

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well but i am on a mac.

Message 31 of 118 (9,967 Views)

Hero
@ActuallySammy Do you have the actual spinning or other camera issues ?

Macs seem to have other problems currently: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Current-Issue-Zoom-and-rotate-Trackpad-controls-not-working/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 118 (9,965 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

★★★ Novice

Hey all, I'm actually on a PC (Windows 10) and having this problem... sort of. I'm using a regular mouse (albeit an MMO mouse with lots of buttons) but whenever I rotate the camera either in CAS or in live mode, it like... goes into overdrive. Gotta go fast and all of that. One tiny centimeter moved on the mouse results in crazy Sim spinning in CAS like they're trying to spin off into space. There is no issue zooming, nor is there an issue using the turn-arrows in CAS. The only mods I'm using that should alter CAS are the more columns/different background, which don't seem to have any relevance on how the camera would work.

Plus, it does happen in live mode as well if I try spinning it around my Sim. Centimeter = 4 camera spins lol. I'm using the Sims 4 type camera.

Message 33 of 118 (9,954 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm pretty sure its the spinning camera issue. It doesn't spin as many times as it does with OP but it does spin. I also have the other issue you mentioned.

Message 34 of 118 (9,949 Views)

@failbender

Moved your post to this bug thread as your issue is different to the Mac bug you posted in Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 35 of 118 (9,948 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora oh hey thank you haha. I don't use the forum often!

here's a gif of the issue in action

Message 36 of 118 (9,933 Views)

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Boo_101102 Another Update: I use Reshade (which I never thought would be a problem) but after I tested my game and saw that everything worked, I added back my reshade. When I got back into the game, I started up a new save and the problem was back. So I quickly uninstalled reshade (from the Sims, not my computer), loaded the game back up, and everything was fine. I'm no tech guru, so I can't think of why Reshade would cause the game to act like that. But if anyone is having this same problem and uses Reshade, consider taking it out for a while. Maybe it'll solve your problem. Just thought I should share my experience!

EDIT (crin)

If this doesn't help, try the following

• Turn off Origin-In-Game in Origin
  • Change you mouse sensitivity settings (proven mostly not working)
  • Make sure you have no mod-conflict.
Message 37 of 118 (17,413 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Boo_101102 I actually wondered if it was Reshade but I was hoping it wasn't. The game is so blahhh without it ;;

I always notice that once Reshade and the game load up, the menu flashes through its animations about a bajillion times on super speed before going back to normal. I always figured this was a "catchup" of sorts because Reshade takes so long to load. So maybe it's something like that with the camera?

I just am not sure how it would be broken now but not before.
Message 38 of 118 (9,904 Views)

Hero
@failbender Did you try without and can you confirm the theory ?

It's seems to be connected to the big Windows update (and one Mac :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 118 (9,898 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, after removing Reshade and repairing the game, both the CAS and live cameras have slowed down to their normal state. It's really a shame, since I'm so used to the vibrant colors Frown

The cameras were fine up until the *Sims* update, so I'm not sure what the recent *Windows* update would have done since that had already happened (at least for me) to no ill effect.

also disappointed cos my game somehow took even LONGER to load than usual. presumably because I used the repair function, but yeesh!
Message 40 of 118 (9,893 Views)