by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Super High Mouse Sensitivity After June 2019 Patch

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I've tried both.
Message 21 of 118 (2,129 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Don't put back the options.ini but reset everything manually.
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 118 (2,118 Views)

★★★ Guide

After I updated to Windows 10, version 1903 on June 14, I had the insane spinning camera, as well. It only happened in ts4 (I have everything, plus some mods and a ton of cc). I thought it was a mouse over-sensitivity issue and attempted to resolve it through the Mouse Settings. It was the mouse wheel. I use the ts3 camera settings and when I clicked and held the wheel everything went berserk!

I have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000. I did everything except to manually uninstall the drivers (moved the dongle, turned the mouse off and on, replaced the battery, reinstalled the drivers both manually and automatically). Nothing helped.

I swapped my mouse for a wired mouse and there was zero spinning with the click-hold of the mouse wheel. Unfortunately, I cannot stand that mouse AND it is my son's, lol.

I have had this issue since the Windows 10 update, prior to the ts4 patch of 6-18-2019; While it appears to be a bit better (relative to the initial craziness), I still have it. It is especially bad in TAB mode.

Note: I have TwistedMexi's BuildCam mod in. I did remove that after this first happened - it made zero difference.

Note: This did not generate a Last Exception, although I have one which I believe is related to either my fish tank or my pond (attached is TwistedMexi's formatted LE Report).

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 23 of 118 (2,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tried resetting the files and it did reset my game, but the sensitivity is still high. Would uninstalling then reinstalling the game maybe work?
Message 24 of 118 (2,096 Views)

Hero
@Boo_101102 No idea really. Did you try playing around with the settings of the mouse at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 118 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict That was one of the first things I did. At the time I thought it was something wrong on my end, but I've troubleshooted/checked everything and I can't find anything.
Message 26 of 118 (2,085 Views)

Camera is spinning out of control!

★★★ Novice

Moving this post here and amending:

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but my game spins out of control if I try to mouse click and move the camera! I've tried removing my cc mods and it didn't help. I've checked to see if it was a certain saved game..., it wasn't. I've checked to see if the problem occurred only in build mode..., it happens in live mode as well. Anyone have an answer or an idea to try? 

Amendment:

I know that I can roll back my windows 10 update but I soooo really don't want to go through that again.  So if anyone comes up with something in the next little while, I sure would appreciate it.

Message 27 of 118 (2,060 Views)

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

Hero

Hi @SimieKins 

I merged your post with existing thread .. it's all a bit inconclusive and I currently have no further suggestions than the ones you can find in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 118 (2,050 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this same issue, wild spinning when clicking the scroll wheel (sims 3 camera controls) and it happened after I updated to version 1903 Windows. I tried everything, I spent a day and a half, nearly 2 days, trying to adjust things on the game, my computer and my mouse. And I couldn't stop it from happening. I finally did a windows recovery to remove the 1903 version number and now my scroll click is back to normal. 

It doesn't happen on any other game, only sims 4 and removing the version 1903 did solve the issue, but that's only a work around for now, in my opinion. 

Message 29 of 118 (2,048 Views)

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Update: I uninstalled then reinstalled the game and the sensitivity is normal again. Took all day, but well worth the time. Thank you for all the help! Standard smile
Message 30 of 118 (2,035 Views)