Re: no game load - just keeps opening origin

by reboot2019

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 doesn't start - No Error Message (Patch 1.68.154)

★★ Novice

hey hey, just wanted to post my DxDiag again just in case- cause something might have changed idk tbh

https://pastebin.com/evtR9huU

Message 211 of 304 (842 Views)

Hero
@Kekefireb Not sure how to help you then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 212 of 304 (831 Views)

no game load - just keeps opening origin

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Origin loads but the game doesn't
What do you expect to see? really? I'd like the game to load please
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. just got round to installing snowy escapes today and origin prompted me to update the game first - that seemed unusual because I thought it usually happens the other way around

I can't get passed origin - the game doesn't load anymore - although annoyingly the online notification says I'm in-game playing The Sims 4!

I might try and repair the game - or I might try reinstalling origin - or I might just uninstall everything and stop wasting money on such a buggy game. dunno...

Has anyone else had the same issue? If so how did you fix it? Thanks 

Message 213 of 304 (705 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I only have windows 10 security I don’t have anything else installed the game stopped working after I installed the holiday pack and the seasons pack
Message 214 of 304 (827 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 what security software are you using ?

Moving this to tech for troubleshooting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 215 of 304 (697 Views)

★★ Guide

thanks @crinrict I hadn't considered the AV - its Sophos (daily updated) but nothings changed on the system since I last played the game. I've just updated the Nvidia drivers and I can't open the game using the Nvidia experience because it's now an unrecognised game and it wants the serial number - I've 32 eps etc and i've long since lost the origin email with that info. So next i think I'll reinstall origin - but if that doesn't work I am done

Message 216 of 304 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@reboot2019 Sophos is known to block the updated exe. So if you patched, Sophos now thinks it's a virus.

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

You can also try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Fresh-Install-wont-boot-game/m-p/9778889

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 217 of 304 (690 Views)

★★ Guide

thanks @crinrict and big thanks to @gratsoy - working again

Message 218 of 304 (683 Views)

Sims 4 Won't Launch

★ Novice

Hi,

My SIMS4 has not been working since the recent update. Origin loads, you press play and it just goes back to the origin screen. No sign of the game loading at all. It does the same on another computer.

I have tried, uninstalling, reinstalling of both Origin and Sims 4 and repairing countless times. Literally run out of ideas and I am fairly computer savvy.

Thanks

Message 219 of 304 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I haven’t been able to launch Sims 4 since the November 17th update. I have all packs except Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape. Everytime I try to launch it, it just comes up as an unexpanded window and when I try to expand, it’s just a blank white screen. The cursor, interestingly enough, is the typical arrow cursor you see when you play sims. I can’t close it normally either; I have to go to task manager and end task.

It’s not the first time I had this issue. Interestingly, the November 10th update actually had fixed the issue for me and then updating to the November 17th update has made the game unplayable. I’ve had it on this computer and a previous computer, so I don’t think it’s a hardware issue. However, this is the first time that I haven’t been able to fix it at all no matter what I try.

I’ve tried many of the methods that have been suggested in this thread and no luck. Nothing I’ve tried has made any difference. First, I tried removing mods and deleting the localthumbcache. I deleted my save files in case it was a save file issue (that has helped in the past). I tried repairing the game. I tried updating Origin. I tried opening Sims while Origin is in offline mode (which used to fix the problem). I tried turning off in game Origin. I tried running as an administrator. All of the drivers on my computer are up to date. The only antivirus I have is Windows Defender and I don’t have controlled folder access on, so it can’t be that it’s blocking it. I’m at a loss for what else I could do to try to fix it and it’s really annoying me.

Edit: I've now done the Factory Reset for the game and it works again even after readjusting all of my setting back where they were and putting all of the mods and the one save file I kept back. So my issue is resolved for now, but as I stated before, it's not the first time I had this issue.

Message 220 of 304 (878 Views)