Re: My Game will not start

by TayloQT

Original Post

Hero
@dadnwpg09 If you turn off both Avast and Defender, also still nothing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 304 (949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

OMG the same thing is happening to me! I've been scrolling through these forums for the past 5 days trying to find a solution and NOTHING is working. I miss my sims. I've done everything. I uninstalled Origin, and reinstalled, cleared my cache, deleted my localthumbcache, removed my mods, cleared up some space on my laptop, i'm scared to uninstall and reinstall Sims 4 because I got it for free in the May deal and i'm scared it will make me pay if I uninstall. I tried cleaning my boot, and pressed play on game literally everywhere! also i moved my sims 4 folder to desktop and my ea folder. Repairing the game doesn't do anything, and at this point i'm going crazy!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE AND I JUST WANNA PLAY SIMS 4! Can someone please help us! By the way i'm on a Windows 7 if that helps anything. BTW i have sims 4 legacy edition if that changes anything either

Message 72 of 304 (920 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TayloQT i would if i had it lol
Message 73 of 304 (950 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TayloQT right like its not even opening to crash at all im so annoyed right now i just wanna play simsss
Message 74 of 304 (1,006 Views)

@RobynLaveau  There are a number of different errors in your dxdiag, including a few from Malwarebytes.  Do you have real-time protection enabled?  If so, please disable it and test the game.  You don't need to uninstall Malwarebytes though: as long as it's not actively running, it shouldn't interfere.

If that doesn't help, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files, to clean up a couple Windows errors.

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart before trying to play.  If the game still doesn't open, please disable Game Mode and Game Bar, both under Windows Settings > Gaming.

Finally, you have one error from the Nvidia driver.  Since you already have the latest version of the driver, if the above steps don't work, you'll need to do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Spoiler

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300

Get a fresh copy of the Nvidia driver from here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/166630/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game launches.  If it doesn't, please run and upload another dxdiag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 76 of 304 (1,005 Views)

Re: no error code but game will not load since Nov patch

★ Apprentice
@tigerlillysim OMG the same thing is happening to me! I've been scrolling through these forums for the past 5 days trying to find a solution and NOTHING is working. I miss my sims. I've done everything. I uninstalled Origin, and reinstalled, cleared my cache, deleted my localthumbcache, removed my mods, cleared up some space on my laptop, i'm scared to uninstall and reinstall Sims 4 because I got it for free in the May deal and i'm scared it will make me pay if I uninstall. I tried cleaning my boot, and pressed play on game literally everywhere! also i moved my sims 4 folder to desktop and my ea folder. Repairing the game doesn't do anything, and at this point i'm going crazy!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE AND I JUST WANNA PLAY SIMS 4! Can someone please help us! By the way i'm on a Windows 7 if that helps anything. BTW i have sims 4 legacy edition if that changes anything either
Message 75 of 304 (908 Views)

★ Apprentice
@dadnwpg09 sameee.
Message 77 of 304 (1,004 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@queenrose68 rip xd well minecraft is always a good substitute 

Message 78 of 304 (995 Views)

Sims 4 will not load at all was fine a couple of weeks ago

★★★★★ Novice

I cannot get Sims 4 to even open, I click on the play button in the Origin client and the screen flickers off for a second and then comes back. 
I have been trying to find and fix the issue for days now literally everything to the point that I actually reset my entire PC today, (foolishly because it took ages and now I need to find all the other applications that were deleted during the process) reinstalled my AMD drivers and reset my profile etc. but still it just will not open.  
I have been on chat with EA but they just told me to go around everything I'd already done again!!!  
All I know is that it was working fine a couple of weeks ago, but not since the last game update.  Help! this is so frustrating. 

Message 79 of 304 (950 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not opening after recent November update

@TayloQT  The Nvidia driver didn't install, so the laptop now is using the Basic Display Adapter instead of the driver.  Please download a fresh copy of the VGA driver from here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7983?b=1

If you want to make sure you're getting the correct driver, here's the direct download link:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_NVIDIA_25.21.14.1788_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636...

Run it as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 80 of 304 (973 Views)