Re: My Game will not start

by TayloQT

Original Post

Message 61 of 304 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TayloQT I found that out. I tried everything that was suggested and nothing worked. Hopefully the new “patch” that they have said is coming next week will help.
Message 62 of 304 (1,191 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@dadnwpg09 I hope so but that's doubtful as EA has seemed to have only acknowledged the crashing issues and not the "My game won't start, no error message" issue xd

Message 63 of 304 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TayloQT This is true! Smh
Message 64 of 304 (1,181 Views)

sims 4 won't open

★ Novice

My origin and Sims 4 are both downloaded but when I click play to start origin, my screen goes away from origin (to whatever tab behind) and then goes back without opening sims. Please help!

Message 65 of 304 (1,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dadnwpg09 Try this for Avast: https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html

You should only use one Antivirus program at the time or they can conflict. Turn off defender if you're using avast.

@RobynLaveau Checking. I'll get back to you

@baguettesandpast Merged your post with the master, could  try suggestions on the first page

@TayloQT Sorry, but I'm at wits end with your issue. Hopefully puzzles has more ideas when she's back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 304 (1,139 Views)

no error code but game will not load since Nov patch

★★ Novice

I really need your help! Since the Nov update my game will not load. I get no error. I spent almost an hour with EA tech who could not fix issue and stated I would have to wait till patch fix for patch update. I am technically challenged and have no idea what else to do. Here is what I have done so far:

Removed mods folder

Uninstalled and reinstalled origin

removed origin from gameplay

repaired game

disarmed firewall

removed caches

Removed sims4 folder from game to generate new folders

I have all EP except star wars, All GP and all SP. I have never had any issues with Sims 4 on this computer until this update. Would really appreciate your help

Message 67 of 304 (1,013 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Sorry that didn’t work. Defender is also turned off
Message 68 of 304 (1,091 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

anyhoo, in the meantime, imma just play some sims 3 lol

Message 69 of 304 (1,061 Views)

Re: no error code but game will not load since Nov patch

Hero
@tigerlillysim Have you tried all these yet: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa... ?

What Antivirus software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 304 (1,000 Views)