Re: My Game will not start

by brittk45

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 doesn't start - No Error Message (Patch 1.68.154)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's been lots of folks having issues starting their games.

What happens is that Origin acts as if it starts the game but then nothing happens. No Error Messages, no nothing. The button goes back to play

Main Cause

There have been a lot if issues with Antivirus programs stopping the game from opening and flagging it as a virus.Antivirus Software is getting more and more aggressive and you need to explicitly allow files to do their stuff.

Please try to add the following files as exceptions to your Antivirus software. There might be multiple places, depending on the software you're using. Some have extra Ransomware protection, others have all kinds of protection. 

It's best to do it for both the 32 bit Version (TS4.exe) as well as TS4_64.exe). Also add the Origin.exe file. Both Sims files can be found in the folder

<Installation folder>\Game\Bin and \Game\Bin_LE (Default: c:\programs(x86)\Origin_Games)

The Origin file can be found in the folder you installed Origin in (Default: c:\programs(x86)\Origin)

If you are unsure where things need to be added, please refer to the manual of your security software or search the Internet.

As a temporary solution you can also turn off your Security Software and try without. This way you can at least find out if it is in fact the culprit. If not, try other suggestions below.

Please be aware that if you have a laptop or pre-build desktop computer, they often come with Security Software trials pre-installed. Search your computer if that's the case and uninstall them if you don't plan on using them.

If you need help, feel free to post in here. Please provide information which Security Software you are using.

If you have determined it's not your Security Software, please try these things before posting:

Start the Game as Administrator

1. Close Origin
  2. Right-Click on the Origin Shortcut and choose: Run as Administrator
  3. Start the Game from Origin and see if it now runs

or

1. Run Origin
  2. Right-click on the Short-cut of The Sims 4 (or the exe as outlined above in the Security software part) and choose: Run as administrator

Turn Off Origin In Game

Instructions can be found here: https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/origin-deactivate-origin-in-game.html

User Folder Reset (aka factory reset) 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

Clean Boot

Instructions here:  https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Create a new Windows Admin Account

1. Create a new user account with admin rights
  2. It's fine to create a local one so you don't need another email account (create user without microsoft account)
  3. Login with the new user account
  4. Start the game

Other Common Troubleshooting Steps

Solutions for specific Antivirus Programs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 304 (13,501 Views)

My Game will not start

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? THE CURRENT UPDATE
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all but the winter expansion pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My problem is that the "bug" happened when I was doing little things.
What happens when the bug occurs? Within about 15 minutes
What do you expect to see? It was slow and now it will not open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. MC Command Center Kijiko 3D eyelashes

Originally the bug was just that it was slow and I don't have many mods attached to my account. I know that adding more mods makes it slower to run. So I only kept the MC Command Center and Kijiko 3D eyelashes. Things were starting to get a little slow but I knew the new update was coming so I was excited. Now however, I have a bigger problem.

My game will not turn on. So I reuploaded my game and also it will not turn on still. I have taken the mods off, I have just left the MC Command Center and also just the Kijiko 3D eyelashes. It will not work any of these ways. Please help.

I was really looking forward to playing with the platforms and now I have wasted my day deleting and reuploading everything.

Message 2 of 304 (13,524 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I have had the same problem since November 10th. 

Message 3 of 304 (13,512 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@brittk45 Let me know if you find out solution to the problem. If anything changes on my end I will be sure to let you know
Message 4 of 304 (13,495 Views)

Sims 4 won't launch after latest patch

★ Apprentice

I know a lot of people are having issues, but I haven't seen anyone with my exact issue yet, and nothing anyone's told other people has worked for me, so here I am.

Since the update, my game won't launch. I press the 'play' button to launch it on Origin, the Origin window vanishes, then about 10 seconds later, the Origin window pops back up and the game isn't trying to launch anymore.

I've tried:

Deleting the Sims 4 folder. (It won't generate a new one when I try to play)

Removing all mods and CC (no change)

Launching another game on Origin (Dragon Age: Inquisition works fine)

Updating my graphics drivers (nope)

Repairing the game (nada)

Restarting my computer (repeatedly)

Deep giving all my files and error logs (something's going wrong in the startup process, the bit where it's actually launching)

Googling like a madlad 

My computer specifications are:

Intel Core 17
RAM: 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

It feels to me like the game isn't even...launching. Like, it's just...not starting up. I really want to play again, especially for the new pack, but it seems I'm locked out. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Message 5 of 304 (9,813 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't launch after latest patch

@GasolineCrea  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, try disabling your antivirus, just long enough to test.  With some programs, it's not enough to set exceptions.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 304 (9,807 Views)

★ Apprentice

Neither of those worked, sadly. Here's the dxdiag if I managed to attatch it properly

Message 7 of 304 (9,780 Views)

Hero
@irelandpure I've merged your post with the new master on this issue,

Could you try all the suggestions on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 304 (13,469 Views)

Hero
@GasolineCrea Could you try all the suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 304 (9,765 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just tried everything here but nothing worked xd

Message 10 of 304 (13,459 Views)