I deleted:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • everything in the DCBackup folder except ccmerged.package
  • ContentPatch folder

And then downloaded and reinstalled the content. Again, it worked one gameplay and the next it was all gone.

OneDrive is running on my computer, I do not use it and I am not logged in. I use Avast antivirus.

Message 70 of 206 (1,971 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

@LauraCas1019  Sorry, I thought you were saying you deleted files without reinstalling your store content and it showed up again.  Please set exceptions in Avast for TS3.exe, Sims3Launcher.exe, and EADesktop.exe.  This guide is for Sims 4, but the principle is the same:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html#avast

Please test in a(nother) clean Sims 3 folder, as in, move the current one out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto the desktop and open the launcher to spawn a new one.  The reason for this is that once something is corrupted in this folder, it may continue to interfere with your store content.  You don't need to reinstall all your store stuff at first; a few items is enough for a test.

If those few items still stop working after one use, create yet another clean Sims 3 folder and try installing through the in-game Downloads Dashboard.  Load the game to the Main Menu, login, click the three dots, and open the DD.

image-7.png

Here again, you don't need to install everything, just a few items.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 71 of 206 (1,966 Views)

Sims 3 store content not working with EA app

★ Novice

I have read several other posts with this issue, but the fix I did like a month ago, is not working anymore.

2 months ago I came back to Sims 3 after a long break. I was forced to install EA app as soon as I opened Origin.

After that all my Store content disappeared from my game, and I couldn't reinstall it. The error said something about checking if the game was up to date.

I read somewhere that I could get around the problem by downloading Origin again and launching the game through Origin.

It worked and all was fine. Until today, where I no longer can use Origin. I started the game with EA app and it worked fine, but now that I want to play again, I have the same issue... the Store content is gone and I can't reinstall it again.

What to do?

Message 72 of 206 (1,963 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content not working with EA app

@KolsLover  You'll need to redownload and reinstall your store content from scratch: any items downloaded while you were playing through Origin don't work when you're playing through the EA App.  The most thorough approach is starting with a clean folder.  I wrote out the process here a few minutes ago:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Downloadable-content-keeps-failing-says-to-check-for-l...

Message 73 of 206 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! Sorry for taking long to answer,

This seems to be working for now. The antivirus seemed to be interfering with my game. The store content has stayed in my game since yesterday, hoping it stays this way.

Thank you SO much for your help!

Message 74 of 206 (1,878 Views)

Custom content don't show in game and the fix is only temporary.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi anyone.  I know that I am not the only one to have this problem and I don't have a fix.  Since I was forced to use the new EAapp 10 Dec 2022, when ever I log in to start playing, the store content does not show in my game.  I know that from reading some of the posts I am lucky to be able to play at all.  I have for the third time started with a clean 'The Sims 3' folder and installed the custom contend through the custom content manager.  This is only a one time use fix.  Upon quitting the game and logging out of the EAapp, after re-launching upon opening the game I get the message 'Some items could not be loaded and where replace'.  All the Custom content remains in the folders and can be seen under the 'Installed content' tab of the launcher, but does not show in game.  My custom contents have not changed as I am using files I backed up at the time of first downloading them. I use McAfee antivirus software and it has not been updated since before Saturday.  I never had this problem with Origin and I have been using McAfee for some time, so I don't see it as an antivirus software problem. EA had to alter the, 'The Sims 3' launcher to seek and register the new EAapp and not Origin.  In doing so some thing has been changed that is causing  this problem. The Sims 3 is still popular and EA still sell expansion/stuff pack and custom content. Is this not theft when the game don't play.  I do hope that something can be done, not only for myself but for all the other Sims 3 gamers who feel the same about this version of the game.  It's companionable, even more so than TV, as the gamer is actively involved, and not nodding off because they have watched the TV program umpteen times already.  If there is something that I can do to help myself fix this problem, that I am not already doing, I should like to know. Does anyone have any ideas?  

Message 75 of 206 (1,764 Views)

Re: Custom content don't show in game and the fix is only temporary.

@BillFlowerpot  This issue has been reported, and hopefully it'll be fixed sometime soon.  In the interim, does the store content disappear if you install it through the Downloads Dashboard instead of the store site?  You can open the Dashboard from the Main Menu, by signing in and clicking the three dots in the lower-left corner.

image-7.png

Message 76 of 206 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI there Laura, Yes i am having the same issue. everything was fine until i downloaded the new EA app. was told we all have to use this app in order to play because origin will no longer be used. and now when i put items from the store into my game, i also get "we're sorry, you do not own this item. How can i not own it when clearly it's in my purchase history? this is very frustrating and i have unintalled/ reinstalled my game at least about 10 times. and i own custom content from the sims resource and this takes hours to put back into game to play. so sorry you are having the same problems. i'm beginning to feel i don't even want to play this game anymore and go back to playing my big fish games. Also sorry i bought the sims for my granddaughter as a xmas gift. she will have the same frustrations as we all do.

Message 77 of 206 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI!

I am having the EXACT issues you just described. I told Mrs. Flynn over at carl and pams site, that I am fixing the game more than playing it and have spent wayyyy to much money on this game for it to not work. you can best believe I will not spend one thin dime on sims 5 for sure!

Message 78 of 206 (1,811 Views)

Re: Custom content don't show in game and the fix is only temporary.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you puzzlezaddict for your response,  I did as you suggested and installed some item via the 'Download Dashboard', however, the problem remains, the fix is a one time use only. The three screenshots are of the 'Le Cinema Plumbob' and as you can see the build is O.K. but there are non of its 'Cinema' features these being CCs.  The installed items are not deleted and are shown under the 'Installed Contents' tab on the launcher and they are in the DCCache & DCbackup folders, they just don't show in game.  

I know there has to be a cut off point sometime, however, I do think it extremely bad (if not criminal) of EA to block the use of Origin until they had proven the EAapp in the field.  This is not just a small glitch it is a major problem. 

Message 79 of 206 (934 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help