[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: sims store content not showing up after install

@Dawnryze  Please try the suggestions in the second post on page one and let me know whether they help.  The clean folder is the best way to test because it removes a large number of variables all at once.  When we know whether that works, we can proceed from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 60 of 206 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

A clean reinstall fixed it for me. I had to uninstall twice because I noticed the EA App didn’t remove all of the folders for Sims 3. I’m not sure if this is how it is for everyone, but my Sims 3 has its designated download directory (I chose a specific drive but it usually goes on the C drive automatically) where the game and bin files are, then in a separate location (my documents folder) it has its other directory where my mods, downloads, savedsims, etc is. When I uninstalled the first time it didn’t remove the documents folder directory so when I reinstalled it, it wasn’t a clean fresh install; it recognized that folder and didn’t reset it. After I deleted that and made sure both directories were deleted after an uninstall, the new install was completely from scratch and I put back the important files (saved sims, library, userprefs, mods, game saves, etc). I have so much CC and not enough patience so I did the not recommended method of putting all the hundreds of downloads into the folder and installing via the launcher at once. I’d freshly redownloaded my store content earlier so i knew those files were good and not bugged with the box icon. I opened a save with a lot of CC and store content in use and had no errors. Yay! 
The only issue I had was Hidden Springs, but a fresh download from the direct store page (not the purchase history page, that one was giving me a bad download for Hidden Springs) fixed the box error and everything is back to how it was. Monte Vista and Lucky Palms didn’t have any problem like Hidden Springs did. 
I think this is probably an issue that came from the transition of origin app to the EA app. Maybe something in that document folder that might have been leftover from origin didn’t mesh with the store content? If anyones having trouble definitely make sure the EA App uninstalled everything. 

Message 61 of 206 (1,408 Views)

@Dawnryze  Yes, the clean user folder I referenced is a clean version of the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  That's exactly what I was saying, that you should test with a new version of this folder.  You didn't need to uninstall the game.

Message 62 of 206 (1,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I’m not very tech-savvy with this so I figured best way for a clean folder was a whole new folder :D i tried to explain everything I did in case it helps find the issue or helps someone silly like me haha. Clean install also definitely helped me at least since both my folders had extra confusion like error logs from Nraas, smooth patch launcher and whatever other fun files were in there from over the years. 

Message 63 of 206 (1,399 Views)

Sims 3 store items won't install - again

Hero (Retired)

Sims 3 has been working again and now store items will NOT stay installed AGAIN! But now you can't even reinstall the store items and if you get an item installed it won't be there the next time you start the game

Things I have tried:

- repairing the game

- reinstalling the EA app

- Ive tried reinstalling store items from the open downloads dashboard

- Tried reinstalling from the game launcher

- tried another computer

- tried reinstalling Origin

- tried every work around I can think of

Game is now unplayable. This has been going on for weeks. I've spent more time trying to figure out work arounds then I've been able to play the game. Tomorrow maybe I'll try a complete reinstall. Ive lost count how MANY TIMES i'VE DONE THIS LATELY.

Message 64 of 206 (1,330 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Dawnryze Hiii, im definitely going to try your method but as for sims3packs which you have to install through the launcher “I have a lot of them” and which also aren’t store content, did you have to reinstall those as well?
Message 65 of 206 (1,365 Views)

The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

If I start with a new Sims 3 file and download and install store content, the content will only show up once on the game and then it completely disappears. In the launcher, the content will show up in the "Downloads" tab, but the image of the content is replaced by a box. None of the content shows up in the "Installed Content" tab.

I am not having this issue with custom content from other sites like ModTheSims, only with store content. I am using the EA app, I did not have this issue with Origin.

I have tried deleting Cache and other files in the Sims 3 Documents file and it solves the issue temporarily (open the game, play, close it, open again, the content disappears).

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks!

Message 66 of 206 (1,651 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

Hero (Retired)

@LauraCas1019 This issue seemed to start about 3 weeks ago. As you probably noticed installing the EA app uninstalls Origin. . Reinstalling Origin and using Origin fixed the problem then. Then all of a sudden that work around quit working.as using Origin redirected you to use the EA app. Then I got an email to uninstall and redownload and install the EA app (yeah - don't ask why).. About this time I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game, Origin, the EA app and store items I can't even guess how many times, I noticed new functions in the EA app recently and the game was actually working right for several days. Now last night I open the game and the store items are uninstalled again. EA has hacked Origin so pc users have to use the EA app and now they nuked the EA app AGAIN! I have spent more time trying to make this game work then playing it lately. My wife was just getting over Sims 3 withdrawal and now this! I just spent 4 hours trying to figure out a work around without success. The only thing left is the General Grant approach (oh no - not General Grant's battle plan) - scorched earth policy. As of right now I have an unplayable game and no solution.

Message 67 of 206 (1,617 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Sims3kennedy Yeah I reinstalled those too. I just put all the .sims3pack files in my downloads folder then installed them via the launcher since the launcher has a select all button. Maybe do the store packs you're having trouble with first to make sure they work, then all the CC simspacks all together afterwards so that if there's a problem you don't need to do everything again. I installed about 225 simspacks via the launcher at once since the store packs started working for me again and all my content is working well now. I did install worlds separately with fresh downloads. It's definitely better to do the simspacks in groups to find where the issue/if the launcher is struggling, but I wanted to get it working and play haha.  

Message 68 of 206 (1,348 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

@LauraCas1019  What files do you delete that solves the issue temporarily?  It would be great if you could list them all.

Please also let me know what antivirus you use and whether OneDrive is running on your computer, whether you actually use it or not.

Message 69 of 206 (2,052 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help