[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 store content not working with EA app

★ Novice

Thank you.

But it looks like that all the CC I have from other places works fine.
I find it so strange that the problem is with Store content.

Message 90 of 206 (762 Views)

installation fail

★★★ Apprentice

i have tried to install sims3package but it says to make sure i have the latest software update and try again. how do i fix this?

Message 91 of 206 (677 Views)

@KolsLover  Store content is encrypted, while third-party custom content is not.  So that's why store stuff can be much more sensitive to changes in like what app you use to launch the game.

You may also be able to revert to Origin if you want.  (I've seen another report that someone previously forced to use the EA App can now run Origin.)  You can download the installer from the link in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

You don't need to uninstall the EA App, and in fact it's better to leave it in place.  Just don't try to run tm both at the same time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 92 of 206 (737 Views)

Re: installation fail

@dlarlQma  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, and delete or at least remove everything in this folder.  (Remove the files without deleting them if you've installed custom content and want to keep the original downloads on hand in case you need to reinstall.)  Then download a fresh copy of one item and install it.

Message 93 of 206 (666 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much.

It seems like your guide is working for me.

Message 94 of 206 (711 Views)

Little brown boxes AGAIN!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Well it's been almost a week and I thought we were done fixing this game. WRONG! Open up game tonight and all my store items are uninstalled AGAIN! This isn't funny anymore. I'm spending more time reinstalling then playing. Does anyone have any idea what EA iis doing to cause this?

add: now we are back to the point when I try to install the store items and then start the game again the items are uninstalled AGAIN! This has been going on for weeks now. I'd like to play the game once and a while. I'm spending more hours fixing my game then playing it.

Message 95 of 206 (620 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I tried two methods. Via EA App and via launcher in the folder with installed game
Message 96 of 206 (609 Views)

★★★ Novice

The issue is back and at this point I gave up, it has to be the EA app.

Message 97 of 206 (603 Views)

@Pookwik and @LauraCas1019  Try reinstalling Origin:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

Some players who were previously forced to use the EA App have reported that they can go back to Origin again.  And Origin still doesn't have this issue.

Message 98 of 206 (595 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just tried that, Origin tries to install then I get the message that there was no internet connection (but there was).

Apparently it's being blocked now.

So a tiny fraction of my Sims3 Store content shows up on the Sims3 launcher, including the November 2011 Compilation, but no other compilations and certainly none of my worlds. On the EA store, it doesn't show that I already own things I do, like Roaring Heights.

So what are Sims 3 players who put a lot of money into Sims3 store content supposed to do now?

Message 100 of 206 (726 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help