Re: Sims 3 Version 1.69 Store Content Won't Download

by TheNameIsWater

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I recently switched to EA app and experienced the same problem. After a few play sessions, all of my installed store content disappeared (except the prius and ford promotional items???). Trying to reinstall them with the download files I had backed up did not work either, which I saw was also common and I might need fresh download files. That had taken hours today!

I went to try the fixes mentioned in this particular reply with settings in the EA app: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Store-content-uninstalls-won-t-re...

Note I already had my EA app settings so that I received no in-game notifications and have no in-game overlay. But I decided to just turn them on and turn them back off again, since the post instructed me to turn them off.

Well, I opened the launcher again and it now recognized my download files (showing icons instead of the boxes) and it showed them all as installed! It may be a matter of just flicking a couple of switches, friends!

Happy simming Nerd

Message 161 of 206 (1,002 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App

★★★★★ Apprentice

This was my first time buying from the store - kind of confusing to me but I got the things to show up in my game...which promptly started crashing/freezing. I ended up making a fresh folder and slowly adding back my mods (all nraas), while I looked for whatever the problem was. 
That took my several days, and now I'm ready to put the items I bought back into my game but they're just gone. Or I'm looking in the wrong place, maybe but I don't see them. When I tried to download them from my account into the fresh game folder, I get the dreaded "Installation Failed" message. 
I"m not sure this is the same problem as everyone else but the end result is the same - I can't get my items to reinstall. I thought I'd just be able to move them from my old game into the new folder but ?????

Message 162 of 206 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@gwenleah OH, I"m able to re-install them from the site. I first tried from "my purchases" but discovered they download if I go to the item page and click the blue or green download button. They download then then the install works, I don't get the "failed" message.
Message 163 of 206 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Specifically replying to this to say I did have my store content disappear again, and I had to change my settings a slightly different way to fix it again. I wrote up the cycle of fixes in a post, since the way I changed my settings now to fix it is how my settings were the first time this happened.

Read/see here! https://at.tumblr.com/thenameiswater/ea-app-easy-sims-3-store-content-fix-cyclical/j105n6padufo  Please let me know if anything doesn't make sense so I can edit to clarify!

Message 164 of 206 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me and my big mouth. I give up. Nothing's working anymore. I don't know if it just worked again because the computer was shut down overnight or something or what, but I give up. Time to make everything a .package file and use those instead.

Message 165 of 206 (861 Views)

★★ Novice

A fix that I found was to exit out of the EA app before the sims 3 launches. Everytime I canceled out the EA app it stayed, hope this helps anyone.

Message 166 of 206 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheNameIsWater I finally was able to switch back to Origin, made the new folder, transferred all my games/mods/settings/library/saved sims etc back into it and then downloaded my few things. They've stayed accessible now for a few days, in all games.
But I only had 10 or so things I'd bought from the store. I can't imagine having to do more than that. I was going to buy more things but seriously, will now wait to see if this is fixed.
Message 167 of 206 (703 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Store content wont show up in game

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade Any news about the fix you were testing for this issue?
Message 168 of 206 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict @EA_Cade 

Some worlds that I bought before ("on Origin era") are not appearing as owned at my store profile page:

I have too:
* Dragon Valley
* Riverview
* Hidden Springs
* Sunlit Tides

image.png

Maybe this is a reflection of this EA App issue? Frown

Edit 1:

I cannot even download anymore Frown(

Man... What's hapenning?! 

error.png

error2.png

Edit 2

I've just downloaded Origin and logged into it and magically my worlds are back:

error2.png

Man... This is making me crazy.

Message 169 of 206 (512 Views)

★★★ Guide

This situation is getting even worse! It's totally disrespectful to Sims 3 players! 

Message 170 of 206 (1,120 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help