Re: The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

by roberta591

Original Post

Re: Custom content don't show in game and the fix is only temporary.

Hero (Retired)

@BillFlowerpot   I've been chasing this issue for about 3 weeks now. I'd find a work around then the store items would turn into little brown boxes again. Then I'd find a work around. This happened 3 or 4 times. Then there was a post that said the issue was fixed- well that didn't even last a week. I finally uninstalled the EA app and redownloaded it and installed. The EA app and all the store items came back.. Well that lasted about 3 days and I was back to little brown boxes again. That's it  - I decide to go Harry S Truman on it. I nuked the whole thing even the EA app. I dl'd a fresh EA app and installed the EA app and then the game and then the store items. I didn't use anything from the old game.I decided to start a fresh game. I coming close to when the game usually implodes but so far so good. Maybe EA is through messing with it.

Message 80 of 206 (700 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Peanuts61   @LauraCas1019  first off uninstall the EA app redownload the installer and install the EA app. Mine no longer says EA beta - it just say EA. That worked for about a week.  Then EA started adding functions to the EA app (my page and downloads dashboard) my store items quit working again. You shouldn't  need Origin so if you have it installed get rid of it. Using it may mess the game up now. This time I uninstalled, deleted, cleaned registry, etc) and installed the game. I'm starting the game from scratch.Nothing from the old game. It's day 4 and so far so good.

Message 81 of 206 (802 Views)

Custom content uninstalls every time I launch EA app

★★ Novice

I'm running the Sims 3 and every time I restart my computer and relaunch the EA app my custom content is uninstalled. I'm also struggling to reinstall it again, where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Downloading custom content from the EA store also doesn't work most of the time.

I've seen the answer which recommends using Origin but when I download again that now there's a splash screen that forces me to uninstall it and use the EA app, so that's not an option.

Any ideas on how to fix this or where to download a version of Origin that works?

Message 82 of 206 (736 Views)

Re: Custom content uninstalls every time I launch EA app

[ Edited ]

@RuskiRizz  There is, unfortunately, no good solution for this issue.  It's been reported, and hopefully we'll have a fix soon.  But in the interim, please try downloading the content into a clean user folder, as in, move the existing Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and let the game spawn a new one.  None of your existing user content—saves, builds, saved sims, etc.—will be in the new folder, but you can copy over the files you want to keep.

There's also no way to run Origin for people who are being forced to switch to the EA App, at least as far as I know.  What you could try is launching Origin and then manually launching Sims 3 by double-clicking TS3.exe.  I don't know whether this works; the other person I suggested this to didn't get back to me.

If installing from the store still doesn't work properly, or content is disappearing, you can try installing from the in-game Downloads Dashboard instead.  Go to the Main Menu, sign in, click the three dots, and select the Dashboard.

image-7.png

Please also do this in a clean user folder so there's no cross-contamination between these downloads and the ones that stopped working.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 83 of 206 (717 Views)

★ Novice

I tired to install all the items separately via Downloads Dashboard but it was the same as in The Sims 3 Launcher. Everything went fine, they got installed but when I opened the game I got a notification that some things are missing. 

Message 84 of 206 (749 Views)

Re: Downloadable content keeps failing, says to check for latest software update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I also just tried what you explained- thank you by the way- but sadly it didn't work either. I made a new folder & every time I re-download my stuff from The Store it just disappears from my installed content. The stuff is still in my downloads, but they won't stay installed? I'm so pissed off at EA btw, this obviously wasn't thought out well. 

Message 85 of 206 (782 Views)

@Pookwik  How are you launching Sims 3 itself: by opening My Collection, clicking on the game tile, and then clicking Play on the next page; or by clicking the Sims 3 entry under Installed Games along the left side of the EA App?  Whichever one you've been using, please try the other.

This is a known issue, and quite common, and it's been reported, so hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Message 86 of 206 (684 Views)

Re: Downloadable content keeps failing, says to check for latest software update

@GothClaudia96  Are you seeing the error in downloading the content, or does it download but not install properly?  If the latter, please try my suggestions in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-3-Store-Content-Won-t-Show-Up-in-Game/m-p/121...

There's no good workaround for the problem at the moment, but perhaps one of these will help temporarily.

And if you do have the option to go back to Origin, that's the easiest approach.  Origin installs don't have this issue.  You can download Origin from here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

Message 87 of 206 (753 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GothClaudia96   EA is forcing pc users. to use the EA app. Do not use Origin. The game has to patch to run under the EA app. Everything you need to run the game is now in the EA app. If you try to run the game under Origin it may damage the install. I have been chasing the issue of uninstalled store items now for weeks. All previous fixes have stopped working. You need to uninstall the EA app, download the installer and reinstall 0the EA app. The EA app should have EA on top not EA BETA. I did a clean reinstall on the EA app and the game and the game is still working (just checked it).  The My Page and the store downloads are now in the EA app. Origin is still needed for the mac users as the EA app is pc only (for now - that could change).

Message 88 of 206 (741 Views)

Re: Custom content uninstalls every time I launch EA app

★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict thank you for your reply.

I have tried your workaround for Origin and this does work! If I continue to get issues with my custom content I will try your other options but for the moment I will convert back to Origin since this wasn't the only bug I experienced with the EA app. If this fixes my issue with custom content I will post here for clarity for others.

Thanks again Standard smile 

Message 89 of 206 (701 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help