Re: sims store content not showing up after install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I’ve tried everything you just said and it’s still not working, also I’m using the EA app
Message 50 of 206 (1,137 Views)

@Sims3kennedy  Okay, again in a(nother) clean user folder, please try installing your store stuff from the in-game Downloads Dashboard.  You can access it by loading the game to the Main Menu, clicking the three dots in the lower-left corner, and choosing the Downloads Dashboard.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 51 of 206 (1,135 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict How do I spawn a clean folder without losing anything in my downloads folder or my saved? That’s what happened last time when I tried this
Message 52 of 206 (1,130 Views)

@Sims3kennedy  If you move the existing Sims 3 folder, you're not deleting anything, you're simply placing it where the game can't find it.  Then you can put the files back later, once you've sorted out the store issue.

Still, to be extra careful, you can make a backup copy of that folder first.  Normally this wouldn't be necessary, but if OneDrive is syncing your documents, strange things can happen.

Message 53 of 206 (1,128 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Okay I will try this and just to be clear after installing them item rom the dashboard, I will exit the game if it has worked and move my folders back into place?
Message 54 of 206 (1,123 Views)

@Sims3kennedy  To be perfectly clear, you are NOT putting back the old Sims 3 folder at all.  You're keeping the new one.  What you can move over from the old Sims 3 folder is the Saves folder, plus you can move whatever other user-made (not Store) content you want to keep.  Here's a description of everything in this folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

In general, best practice is to use the new files and folders whenever possible and only move over what doesn't get recreated, for example your saves.  And please do not move over the entire Library folder: installed store venues go here too, so deleting the new Library folder would remove those.

Message 55 of 206 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Doesn’t this mean I would have to reinstall sims3packs to my launcher since it will wipe everything? I really want to avoid that😂
Message 56 of 206 (1,099 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sims3kennedy  You would need to redownload all your store content, that's the point.  After all, it's not working now, and it may continue to not work as long as you reuse the same downloads.

However, you can transfer your custom content to the new Sims 3 folder, if you have any you want to keep.  The installed cc is bundled into files that end in .dbc in DCCache, so you can move those over.  (The bundles that end in .ebc are store stuff, so don't transfer that.)  Any sims you've installed will be in SavedSims, any households and builds will be in Library, and worlds will be in InstalledWorlds, so here again, you can move the individual files to the new folder.

For worlds, be sure not to transfer any store worlds; use the newly installed versions.  If you have custom lots but also store venues, it's a little trickier, but what you can do is compare the file names and decline to transfer anything that's duplicated in the new folder.

Message 57 of 206 (1,093 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm wondering if this is an EA App issue. I had no issue when I used Origin but when I reset my computer and had to reinstall Origin I installed the EA App figuring it'd be better, but my store content isn't appearing no matter what I try. It says it's installed, and other installed content such as exchange and mods are showing, but none of the store content. I want my baby walker and swing back so bad, amongst all my other store content. 

Message 58 of 206 (1,111 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Dawnryze This person has confirmed it being an EA issue on another forum before and same, it’s so unfortunate!
Message 59 of 206 (1,246 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help