Re: Extra content for the sims 3 wont stay installed

by DeadlySimmer101

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@DeadlySimmer101   I think EA has the app working for TS3 now . You have to uninstall the EA app.. Then reinstall the EA app (don't ask). This will uninstall Origin if installed.- this is ok. Launch the game (play). Your expansion packs should still be installed - make sure they are checked to play. I deleted all my store stuff before continuing (downloads tab). Click the play button then cancel button. You should now be at the game select page. Click the option (the three ... in the lower left. There is now an option - open downloads dashboard.  This is the store stuff. When I downloaded from the store it would lose connection, error, sometimes. just restart the game. You should go back to the launcher download screen and clear the notices. After I got all the items downloaded and tested they would stay I put my mods in and tested. The only problem I now encounter is my expansion packs sometimes get unchecked so I have to maker sure they are enabled.

add: for some reason I have several Hidden Springs entries so watch for doubles.

The game is now running reliably on 2 pcs.My wife is now recovering from Sims 3 withdrawal.

hth

Message 20 of 206 (1,394 Views)

@DeadlySimmer101  It looks like Origin is already installed on your computer—there's an Origin logo in the upper-left corner of your screenshot.  Does it open properly, or are you seeing this error when you try to launch it?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 206 (1,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

when I try to launch it, but I think it has to do with The EA app like the person above you had said.

Message 22 of 206 (1,362 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content won't stay installed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictI have the same problem in both apps.
After generating new The Sims 3 folder, I can't install store content. Error message: Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.

Message 23 of 206 (1,901 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DeadlySimmer101  Origin should still work on a computer that has the EA App installed as well; plenty of us are still using both.  But if you can't get Origin to work and don't want to spend more time on it, that's understandable.

For the EA App, a number of players have said that their store content disappears if they launch Sims 3 through the desktop shortcut rather than the App itself.  That's an easy fix: just keep launching the game through the App.

The other question is whether the files for the store content actually disappear.  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > DCCache and look for files that end in .ebc.  These are bundled store content, and if they're disapparing, that's a separate issue entirely.  I don't think that's what's happening here, but please check anyway to make sure.

Otherwise, I'd suggest installing your store content into a clean Sims 3 user folder and making a backup of that folder.  Move your saves to the folder and play, and the next time the store stuff disappears, restore the backup, copy your saves over to that, and see whether the store content is back.

Apparently, it also sometimes helps to restart the game once or twice.  I don't know why the store content would work, not work, and work again, but restarting is certainly easier than reinstalling everything.

Message 24 of 206 (1,342 Views)

@Sylmos  Does this happen for EA-created store content, or items from the Exchange?  The error is typically associated with Exchange items that are no longer compatible with the game, not with stuff from the store itself.

Additionally, did you download the entire game from the EA App (or Origin), or did you initially install via disc before switching to one of the apps?

Message 25 of 206 (1,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, this is happening to me as well with just EA store content like Riverview (my favorite world) and some other random objects. Most store content is still working and all Exchange content is working. Custom worlds and mods are also working.

Example: I started the game yesterday and I couldn't find my save on Riverview, I realized the world wasn't installed so I installed it again and played for a few hours. Today I started it, but I couldn't enter the save, the game gave an error message, I went back to the laucher and I noticed that Riverview uninstalled again, but now I can't install it anymore, it says something like: Installation failed, make sure that your game has the latest software updates.

I downloaded my Origin game and switched this month to the EA app.

Message 26 of 206 (1,875 Views)

@Tawneyy  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and delete any downloads with Riverview in the name.  Inside ...The Sims 3 > InstalledWorlds, delete any Riverview .world files as well.  Then try again to download and install Riverview.

Message 27 of 206 (1,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict wow thank you so much, it worked! I spent the whole day looking for a fix... I will do the same with the other objects, I hope it doesn't unistall itself again. Have a nice week!
Message 28 of 206 (1,863 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Well... unfortunately it's not working anymore.
After I installed it I tried to do the same with the objects, the launcher crashed and all my worlds and things from The Sims Store were uninstalled!
I thought it could be a corrupted file or bad CC so I decided to uninstall everything, I deleted my mods, worlds and the game, I even deleted the Electronic Arts folder from my documents.
I downloaded the game again and ran it once, closed it and tried installing some stuff from The Sims Store (cow plant and solar panels and some plants just for testing).
It installed normally, but when I closed the launcher and opened it again, everything disappeared in Installed Content, it still appears in Downloads, but if I try to install it again, it gives the error I mentioned in the previous post.
For now to play with The Sims Store content I have to delete what's in Downloads, download and install again and it will only last as long as I don't close the launcher or the game. I'm really frustrated...
Message 29 of 206 (1,953 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help