Re: Extra content for the sims 3 wont stay installed

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 store content won't stay installed

★★★ Apprentice

I have same error. I can't play with my store worlds. only unofficial content keeps installed...

Do I have to search for pirated content?

error 1 (installation completed)

error 2 (no content/worlds)

Message 10 of 206 (5,771 Views)

Sims 3 - Store official store content won't stay installed since EA App

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 3.
PlatformPC.
Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%).
What is your current game version number? Current since EA App installation.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Katy Perry's pack.
How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying install store content.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't play with my store content and worlds since EA App. Only unofficial content keeps installed...

error 1 (installation completed).

error 2 (no official content/worlds).
Oh. An extra: I can't buy simspoints.
What do you expect to see? I wanna play with my official content installed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yep. Hylewood.sims3pack, but the problem occurs without custom content. I always install the store content first.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Only since EA App.
Version: 1.69.43.024017

Do I have to search for pirated content??

Message 11 of 206 (5,796 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content won't stay installed

@Rucklia  If you're using the EA App, try going back to Origin.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

If that's not the issue, try installing the store content into a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a new folder, download only one item from the store, install it, and see if it shows up.  If it does, restart your game and check again just to be sure.  If it still works, you can install a few more items and test again.

If everything is showing up, you can install the rest of your content, but please do so in batches of only a few items at a time; the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds are especially large and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

Once all your store stuff is installed and working, I'd suggest making a copy of the Sims 3 user folder in case you need it later.  This way, you won't have to install the store content again if anything goes wrong in your current folder.  Then you can install your custom content, move over your saves and anything else you want to keep, and go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 206 (5,756 Views)

Sims 3 store content missing

★★★★ Novice

All of my store content in my Sims 3 game are missing.  I have tried installing them again, but to no avail.  Is there a way to fix this?

Message 13 of 206 (5,209 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content missing

@jeggypoe9  Are you using Origin or the EA App?  If the latter, I'd suggest switching back to Origin, at least for now.  The EA App is having trouble recognizing store content.  You can download Origin from here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

It's fine to have both apps installed on your computer; you just can't run them both at the same time.

Message 14 of 206 (5,192 Views)

The Sims 3 Store Reinstall Again Using EA App Error

★★ Guide

All the items I installed playing my sims 3 game through Origin need to be reinstalled again when I play my sims 3 game through EA App, will there be an update for this. The only error I'm getting is I don't have that item in my game.

Message 15 of 206 (5,028 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Store Reinstall Again Using EA App Error

@LonaBoom  We're definitely hoping this issue will be fixed, but there hasn't been any word yet.  For now, the easiest workaround is to keep using Origin; download a new copy from the link here if necessary:

It's fine to have both Origin and the EA App installed on your computer; you just can't run both at the same time.

Message 16 of 206 (5,006 Views)

Extra content for the sims 3 wont stay installed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Having trouble with extra content of the sims 3 staying installed, I only have one mod but I took it out and it still did the same thing. they will stay installed for one or two launches then become uninstalled. Please help, (extra content like bonus worlds and sims 3 shop items like extra clothing and hair that ISNT CC)

Message 17 of 206 (5,113 Views)

@DeadlySimmer101  This is a common known issue with the EA App.  We're hoping it gets fixed sooner or later, but in the interim, it's easiest to go back to Origin.  You can download the installer from the link here:

If you're already using Origin, or this doesn't help, let me know whether OneDrive is running (even if you never use it), and how full it is.

I'd also suggest installing your store content fresh, in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and start installing, a few items at a time.  The launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds are especially large and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

When you have your store stuff installed, you can move your saves and anything else you want to keep from the old Sims 3 folder to the new one.  Here's a description of everything in the user folder so you know what you'd want to keep:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 18 of 206 (5,104 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I attempt to download origin, it will say there is no internet, my WI-FI is up and running though since I am able to communicate on here now with my pc. it downloaded but it will keep giving me this message.

Message 19 of 206 (2,442 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help