Re: Sims 3 store content won't stay installed

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App

[ Edited ]

Overview

There is currently an issue with the EA App where installed Sims 3 Store content uninstalls itself or otherwise disappears from the game when it was previously working.  The most obvious symptom of this is that in the launcher, the content's thumbnail turns into a box:

image-4.png

Reinstalling the content works some of the time, but not always, and the items will frequently disappear again later, perhaps as soon as the next time the game loads.

If the player reuses the previously downloaded Sims3Packs rather than downloading fresh copies, the install will likely fail to install and produce this error:

image-6.png

If you are affected, please click Me Too at the bottom of this post.

Reinstalling store content

Please keep in mind that you cannot reuse your old downloads.  If you do, you'll likely get the "Installation failed" error.

The most thorough approach to reinstalling is to start with a clean user folder: move or rename the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts and open the launcher to spawn a new one.  Download your store items a few at a time and install them, then move your saves and other existing content to the corresponding subfolders within the new Sims 3 folder.

Please keep in mind that this is a temporary fix at best.

The other workaround is to reinstall Origin, if it still works for you.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 99 of 206 (9,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Store Content Won't Show Up in Game

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, 

This issue should now be resolved with the latest EA app update (please ensure that you are on EA app build 12.115.0.5372 or later). Please note that if you run into issues with loading your previously saved games you'll want to follow the steps in this thread. 

If you're still running into issues loading your store content, please try the steps mentioned by @puzzlezaddict here as well. 

Thank you for your patience on this!

EACade

View in thread

Message 174 of 206 (6,526 Views)

All Replies

Sims 3 store content won't stay installed

★★ Novice

Hello! Does anyone know why the sims 3 store content won't stay installed in the launcher?

I have found a solution from 2014 which don't work anymore it is where you take out some of the files in the DCCache folder. I have been having this problem for days.  I am using the EA app and not origin anymore. Does anyone know any solution? Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 206 (9,481 Views)
Highlighted

@Einarrri  This is a current known issue with the EA App.  We're hoping it gets fixed soon, but in the interim, I'd suggest going back to Origin.  You can download it from here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

It's fine to have both Origin and the EA App installed on the same computer; you just can't run them both at the same time.  If you get an error when trying to install or run Origin, open the Task Manager and kill the EABackgroundService.exe, or restart your computer.

Message 2 of 206 (9,459 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the information! I will switch back to Origin.
Message 3 of 206 (9,434 Views)

Unable to access purchased items from The Sims 3 website

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the new EA app so I can play The Sims 3. My packs are all there, BUT, anything I have purchased and downloaded from The Sims 3 website store will not download again so I can use them. I can go into my history and try to redownload, but I get errors saying I need to update. Can anyone help me? I have a lot of content that is missing that I want to be able to utilize again. 

Thanks!!!! 

Message 4 of 206 (9,160 Views)

Re: Unable to access purchased items from The Sims 3 website

@cmrolfe226  Try going back to Origin.  The EA App is having trouble with Sims 3 Store content right now, and while the issue should hopefully be cleared up sooner or later, it's easier not to wait.  You can download Origin from here:

It's fine to have both apps installed on your computer; you just can't run them both at the same time.  If you get an error when installing or launching Origin, just restart your computer.

Message 5 of 206 (9,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Einarrri I had the same problem.  But I did what someone suggested in another forum and now it works fine.  Maybe this can help you

Message 6 of 206 (9,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, been trying for hours now. So frustrating...

I will try to go back to Origin as well. Hopefully that will help.

Message 7 of 206 (9,299 Views)

Sims 3 Version 1.69 Store Content Won't Download

★ Apprentice

I've seen others asking similar questions but not the same. Please note I am talking about Sims 3 Store content and not mods. Nothing third-party has any issues running in my game, though I've removed it all thinking that would help and it did not. I'm playing on a PC, using the EA app (not Origin) and opening/installing using the sims 3 launcher. 

Game Version: 1.69.43.024017

I am launching it using the EA app not Origin. When I try to use Origin it tells me to update to the EA app. I did not try to download 1.69, I just realized the other day the version was different. I used 1.67 up until a month or so ago. Not sure when it updated, but now I can't download any store content. The error message says: Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if it's the store content that isn't compatible or if its the launcher or what is going on. But there's so much missing from my game it's hard to play. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sims. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this issue so I can play my game, thanks.

Message 8 of 206 (9,160 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Version 1.69 Store Content Won't Download

@kimofry12  The EA App isn't working well with store content.  You can try the suggestions in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Launcher-quot-There-are-no-packages-to-install-...

But since they're for a different error, they might not help you.

I think the easiest fix might be to go back to patch 1.67.  If you have discs for the base game and each pack, and your base game disc was manufactured before September 2012, you can install without involving Origin (or the EA App) at all, and you'd land on patch 1.67 and avoid the current issues with the App.  Let me know if you'd like to try this and need help with the process.

Message 9 of 206 (9,138 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help