[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Game completely unplayable after latest patch.

Hero
@sam88elliott I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 771 of 1,476 (817 Views)

broken game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get famous, Get to work, Get together, island living, seasons, Dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, Spa day, bowling, cool kitchen, laundry day, movie hangout stuff, perfect patio, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open create a sim or play a normal game with a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim disappears in game and is CAS.
What do you expect to see? I should see my sim in both
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game yesterday with the 6/10/20 update and once I opened my game it was broken like this.

I also have diisabled mu custom content

Message 772 of 1,476 (819 Views)

Re: broken game

Hero
@joiejax Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 773 of 1,476 (854 Views)

sims arent showing up

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me after I updated the game. When I go to choose a world to play in, only one of them shows up. And when I click on a house to play with, their bodies dont show up. The only thing that shows up is the little sim diamond. My cats and dogs dont show up either, and some of the flooring and pictures have rainbow question marks. What should I do?

Message 774 of 1,476 (732 Views)

No sims & untextured flooring since june 10th update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, plus jungle adventure, parenthood, spa, dine out, camping one, strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up the game idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims disappear, only a plumbob on the ground. Nothing happens when I ask the sim to move or perform an action (with some actions, the plumbob moves the to object, and sounds are heard, but no sim.) Most of the new flooring from eco living has become untextured and consists of question marks. All terrain editing (raised and lowered bits) has become transparent and shows the underworld.
What do you expect to see? My sims, flooring, terrain, not an untextured unplayable mayhem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the June 10th 2020 patch

- Sims disappeared, only plumbob is visible. If i make them perform an action(with the exception of travel actions like walking or using ladders), the plumbob moves to the right spot and sounds are heard but no sim. Also, when I clicked for them to use the shower, the shower works as normal, and the naked censor blur shows up but it shows up bigger and at the bottom left of where is should be.

- Most of the new flooring from the eco living pack is untextured question marks, can't see anything else that's affected. From my lot, it's the solar panel roof pattern, and all the new floors apart from the wooden hexagonal one. 

- where terrain is raised or lowered, the edges are transparent and show the weird sky underground matrix idk. 

I have tried:

- restarting the game

- removing mods and cc (i already removed them after the previous update) 

- repairing the game through origin

Ive seen that others have this problem online, so im sure it is a bug but couldn't find it reported on here.

EDIT: I tried repairing again (after updating origin but idk if this made a difference) but the solution seems to be to repair as it worked. I may as well leave this post up for others searching for the solution to find as ive seen a lot of people mentioning it. 

Message 775 of 1,476 (777 Views)

New Update Glitching

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

After most recent update I am experiencing a lot of glitching, problems with CAS and BUILD modes. Everything is red or white or multicoloured covered in question marks, I can't use full range of things and colours, It jumps off things all the time too. 

I don't use any mods or cc just normal game play.

What do I need to do to fix this 

(CM: Edited to remove ALL CAPS from thread title)

Message 776 of 1,476 (881 Views)

Re: No sims & untextured flooring since june 10th update

@kpickle16  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair Sims 4 in Origin again.  Then launch the game, which will create a clean folder with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and see whether the sims and textures are back.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 777 of 1,476 (756 Views)

missing textures

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure- It happens whenever I load the game. Textures seem to have gone missing or been replaced.
What happens when the bug occurs? What happens when the bug occurs? When the game loads many textures are missing and some have been replaced with blue-purple gradient shapes with a Green ? on.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see al the normal textures
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Update which happened on 10th June 2020.

An update seems to have caused the textures in my game to go missing and be replaced with these weird shapes/images

Message 778 of 1,476 (899 Views)

Re: NEW UPDATE GLITCHING

@gracesims1024  Please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 779 of 1,476 (922 Views)

Re: No sims & untextured flooring since june 10th update

★★ Novice

Just logged into origin to do this, origin needed an update so i updated and decided to try and repair again and it worked, not sure if it was to do with origin not being up to date but repairing certainly worked anyway! So even though i didn't move any folders like you suggested you were essentially on the right track anyway so thanks! 

Message 780 of 1,476 (747 Views)