[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims are Red and Black with Question Marks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Famous, City Living, University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of the sims are red and black with question marks on them and they cannot be controlled.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see normal looking sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. There was an update and then this happened.

I have tried everything including repairing the game multiple times and I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Message 621 of 1,472 (1,015 Views)

Re: Skin and object extures missing.

★★★ Novice

i'm not sure if this is resolved or not. this was happening to me today, however i updated the software on my computer and it went back to working right after!

Message 622 of 1,472 (1,003 Views)

Re: How could I remove a bug from my SIM4 platform PC?

@palzu45  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache (Windows) or run the Origin reset tool (macOS), restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 623 of 1,472 (848 Views)

Re: Sims are Red and Black with Question Marks

Hero
@stephpearl97 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 624 of 1,472 (984 Views)

Re: Question marks and colourful patterned sims

★★★ Newbie

I cant believe it worked with your description thx a lot!!! 

Message 625 of 1,472 (952 Views)

get to work

★★★ Newbie

I have had the sims 4 for around a year and only have the packs, Seasons, Cats and Dogs and Parent Hood. Because of the recent sale I have bought and downloaded Get to work. I found that in build mode a few of the items such as the industrial metal grate places as it is supposed to but when you chose which rug you want it shows up as a lama same as a few other build mode items. When I then go into cas a few of the items like the crop top hoodie covers the sim in squares and question marks. Also the alien eyes look like lamas until you actually click it and the toddler alien outfit has made my sim invisible. I know it was a while ago when it was released so I am now sure if there is a way to fix it.

I use a hp laptop windows 10. I have a bit cc but I have moved it into a separate file since this happened.

I am not sure what to do and last time I played I did not save when I realised there was a glitch. 

Message 626 of 1,472 (909 Views)

My sim

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the original game Sims 4 with no expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim doesn't show up, nor can I change the clothes. Everything else, however, like the name, personality traits and other shows up.
What do you expect to see? My sim and that I can change the clothes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The sim isn't showing up

Message 627 of 1,472 (931 Views)

Re: My sim

Hero

Hi @patriciapatterso 

Start troubleshooting by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 628 of 1,472 (959 Views)

Bug Impacting Sims Skin - Question mark in the middle of face

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, dine out game pack and perfect patio stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is a general bug that is happening from game start.
What happens when the bug occurs? On the opening screen, some of the stuff and game pack image thumbnails are a picture of a llama. Additionally, my sims skin and clothes have question marks on them. There is a black question mark and large black spots all over them.
What do you expect to see? No exact action is causing this. It's just looks like this after loading up the game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug is impacting my sims skin, as there is a question mark in the middle of their faces and large black blotches all over their skin.

Message 629 of 1,472 (979 Views)

Re: get to work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@SaoirseCarton  Here is a thread for the invisible sim in CAS and the question marks:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

Please follow the request to send your save before trying to fix the issue. It's written how in the first post. That way you will help to get it fixed Standard smile

Message 630 of 1,472 (1,058 Views)