[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

My Sims face has been ? marked out, and the worlds has been Jumping Birded up!

★★★ Newbie

I believe that my Sim's 4 platform PC English version has been hacked, bugged, virus corrupted, and I would like it if someone could help my out with this issue. I've attached a couple of screen shots to show the issues.   

Message 601 of 1,476 (730 Views)

Re: My Sims face has been ? marked out, and the worlds has been Jumping Birded u

@palzu45  Your game hasn't been hacked.  The update process probably went poorly, and some icons and maybe some textures are missing.  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 602 of 1,476 (709 Views)

Skin glitch after Sims 4 digital update

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the most recent update for Sims 4 digital.  When I logged back into my game for the first time after the update, the skin on my played households is glitching to where it's showing red and white blocks and question marks all over their bodies.  I tried backing up the Sims 4 in my documents folder and resetting the game, and then I replaced each file to see which one was corrupt, but the glitch stayed every time. I've also tried playing the game after I've completely wiped the folder, but that didn't work either. I've never downloaded any mods or custom content.  How do I fix this?

Message 603 of 1,476 (854 Views)

Checkboard Skin and other display errors since newest patch installation.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs + all game packs EXCEPT parenthood/vampires/outdoor retreat + the movie hangout stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Undo the display changes made in the most recent patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims in the game, including NPCs, now have checkerboard skin with question marks on their foreheads, legs, and arms. Also, most pictures in the game now have llama error pictures instead, especially on the main menu and CAS. It is a display error only, the gameplay works fine.
What do you expect to see? Sims with regular skin and features + all pictures for Sims 4 content and menu screens back to normal and not with llama pictures.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. PC: 1.62.67.1020 that happened 4 days ago. After installing this patch the game bug occurs every time I start/play Sims 4 (even without mods).

Message 604 of 1,476 (1,036 Views)

Re: Skin glitch after Sims 4 digital update

@MattePrl

Merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please see the opening post on page 1 for further help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 605 of 1,476 (980 Views)

Re: Checkboard Skin and other display errors since newest patch installation.

Hero
@Gamergoddess Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 606 of 1,476 (990 Views)

{URGENT} Sims 4 Not Running Properly

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game + Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? They appear in the game normally.
What happens when the bug occurs? Grey llamas appear instead of most buttons, sims dont appear in CAS, nothing is working correctly
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims to work normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The sims update of April 2020

Nothing is working the way it should. I was going to purchase an expansion pack but I'm now unsure whether it's even going to work after these issues.

Message 607 of 1,476 (828 Views)

Re: {URGENT} Sims 4 Not Running Properly

Hero
@Harb242005 Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 608 of 1,476 (814 Views)

Re: Checkboard Skin and other display errors since newest patch installation.

★★★ Novice

That worked. Thank you soooo much! ^__^ Stay safe and have a good week :D!

Message 609 of 1,476 (935 Views)

skin glitch

★★ Newbie

hi, I have had sims 4 downloaded for some time now and of recent months it has developed a glitch where all male characters, toddlers and certain skin tones will have the same checkered red and white pattern with question marks all over there bodies, how can i fix this? also whenever i try and send one of my sims pets to the vet my game crashes and doesn't save 

Message 610 of 1,476 (849 Views)