[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Missing textures after new patch

Hero
@briter_paige Could you try deleting the localthumbcachefile and resetting your user files as suggested on the first post as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 591 of 1,472 (803 Views)

Re: Missing textures after new patch

★★ Novice
@crinrict I did that, restarted from the start button. It also didnt work but I restored the last save before the glitch and it worked so I'm hoping the problem is solved and I can go back and delete the bad saves. Thank you for your help! Stay safe out there
Message 592 of 1,472 (785 Views)

Missing Base World in Sims4

★★ Newbie

Missing World?

Hey, so after the update yesterday I was excited to get into the game and play some Sims. However when I got into Manage Worlds I seem to be missing the base game world. All I have currently are my expansion pack worlds. Was the update getting rid of the base world completely? Because I put a lot of work into that world and was really proud of my work. Please help!

Message 593 of 1,472 (682 Views)

Re: Missing Base World in Sims4

@Nancy_MF_Drew  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 594 of 1,472 (650 Views)

Re: Trouble with Sim graphics

★★★★★ Newbie

that has happened to me but how do u get rid of it 

Message 595 of 1,472 (796 Views)

Re: Trouble with Sim graphics

Hero
@Rose_bren123 Have you already tried the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 596 of 1,472 (787 Views)

Re: RED AND WHITE SIMS

★★★ Newbie
@cattara I had that problem to but the outfits were perfectly fine it was just the eyes hair and skin tone
Message 597 of 1,472 (779 Views)

Re: RED AND WHITE SIMS

Hero
@Savvy200544539 Moved your post to the current thread on this.

Please repair your game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 598 of 1,472 (773 Views)

Skin and object extures missing.

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions : -City living, Island living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get together, Get to Work. Game packs: -Outdoor retreat. Stuff packs: -Spooky, Cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just going to any of my sims and the problem is right there! Any family (played or not) have their skin textures missing!
What happens when the bug occurs? The skins of my sims and certaint objects seem to be missing. -The sims skins (not children and pets) are replaced by red and white with question marks in dome of them. Some clothes have these too. -Some objects (like some bowls walls) are missing textures and are replaved by a mix of other colours and question marks. -Sometimes the sims icon disappears
What do you expect to see? For the normal textures to come back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Origin was updated today (11.4.2020) same as Sims, to it's current version. I tried to delete Sims-files and replace them with backup files, but it is still happening.

Message 599 of 1,472 (768 Views)

Re: Skin and object extures missing.

Hero

Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 600 of 1,472 (755 Views)