[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★ Novice

How do I initiate a repair through Origins?

Message 41 of 1,472 (8,999 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@carabrae Just go to your library, right click on The Sims4 portrait and there should be an option to "repair" it.
Message 42 of 1,472 (8,979 Views)

Hero
@carabrae Merged your post with the master thread on this. If repairing doesn't work, try the other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 1,472 (8,921 Views)

The Sims 4 University - skin tones

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Island living, Cats and dogs, Seasons, Discover university Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Outdoor retreat kids room stuff, toddler stuff, laundry day, movie hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims skin tone doesn't appear and is instead replaced by red and white square, similar to if CC is installed incorrectly.
What do you expect to see? The sims still functions but the skin doesn't appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the latest patch (November 12th) and discover university.

This only started to happen when I installed the update and university and I have tried restarting but it still continues. Some sims are okay but many have this problem, it even happens with EA sims that came with the pack.

Message 44 of 1,472 (6,664 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 University - skin tones

Hero
@louise1605x Merged your post with the master thread on this. If repairing doesn't work, try the other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 1,472 (6,655 Views)

Help. A lot is wrong.

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons Realm of Magic, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat My First Pet, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Personally, I can just enter the game and go to an existing household or go to a "New Game".
What happens when the bug occurs? I enter the game and then my screen goes static and then I make or go into an existing household and the majority of the entire family is checkered board, red and white, with ? all over their skin.
What do you expect to see? My normal looking sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the recent update to the sims, this started to happen.

Please help I want to play my game.

Message 46 of 1,472 (6,742 Views)

Re: Help. A lot is wrong.

★ Guide

The red and white and question marks on your sims usually means that you're missing a mesh for cc. Did you have any cc on your sims?

Message 47 of 1,472 (6,727 Views)

Hero
@HeyImMonkey Coudl you try repairing the game through Origin ?

That should get rid of the checkboard.

As you are on a Mac, i'm going to leave this separate for now to see if you have further issues after repairing. Macs got some problems currently.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 1,472 (6,116 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That’s bad cc.

Message 49 of 1,472 (6,068 Views)

red white

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? sims 4 2017
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the current update
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims come out checkered with red and white. The pool has questions marks, the lighting is purple and many more issues. It's as if the update did not complete.
What do you expect to see? Regular Sims 4 game as I did before the update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update on 11/15/19

After this last update 11/15/19, I started up Sims 4 and noticed their bodies and faces looked checkered. They are white and red. Also, the pools have question marks. It does not appear the update went through all the way because these appear to be glitches of the game.

Message 50 of 1,472 (6,020 Views)