[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

★★ Novice

@SheriGR 

I tried everything you said and it doesn’t seem to be working Frown

When I bought the Sims folder onto my desktop it didn’t make another one and it still wont let me repair the game.

Message 10 of 1,472 (11,774 Views)

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

Champion

@Spiritjammer14 Hmmm... If you're willing to can you please try this then: 

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this old "The Sims 4" folder on your desktop for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new 'The Sims 4' folder will be created by the game.

Please then go into your Sims 4 game and begin a new game save. Now check the sims that are in this new game save (which should all be the default sims that the game brings in) and see if they have this skin issue.

Let us know how this goes, please. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 1,472 (11,774 Views)

Sims 4. PC. Cannot access any of my worlds

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hoping someone here can help me. im wanting to play sims 4 but for some reason i cannot access any of my worlds, willow creek has disappeared from the world select and my character creation pager wont load (gets to the character creation but doesn't load the sim or anything else)

i've tried reseting the game. backing up then deleting the original sims 4 folder in electronic art, restarting computer, nothing works.

Message 12 of 1,472 (8,015 Views)

Re: Sims 4. PC. Cannot access any of my worlds

Hero

Hello @LittleLani02 . I moved this thread to a more appropriate place in the forum and change topic name.

Message 13 of 1,472 (8,000 Views)

Re: Sims 4. PC. Cannot access any of my worlds

Hero

Hi @LittleLani02 

have you already tried repairing the game through Origin by right clicking on it in Origin ?

Does today's patch make any difference for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 1,472 (7,971 Views)

Re: URGENT Red, white and question marks on my Sims.

★★ Novice

I have the same, I have NO custom content and I have tried repairing the game, can someone please help?

Message 15 of 1,472 (19,894 Views)

Re: URGENT Red, white and question marks on my Sims.

Hero
@giraffey2008 Have you tried my suggestion above resetting the user folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 1,472 (19,878 Views)

City Living Clothes Corrupted

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS and select any clothing or accessory item from City Living, I’ve found it on the flats, suit jackets and turbans.
What happens when the bug occurs? When Sim is wearing items of clothing from the City Living pack, Sim has the same error as when an article of CC clothing is corrupted/has missing mesh (red and white with question marks on body, eyes red, etc)
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to wear the clothing as normal with no corruption.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November Patch

Find link of video of the issue below: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9ESurb_jQnnKhweh7DPDOOzgdlFpuZz/view?usp=drivesdk

Message 17 of 1,472 (13,025 Views)

Re: City Living Clothes Corrupted

Hero
@HayleyMaddisonx I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Could you please try repairing your game through Origin.

There's some more suggestions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 1,472 (13,027 Views)

Re: City Living Clothes Corrupted

★★ Novice
@crinrict I’ve repaired the game and deleted my local thumb cache and still happening. All mods and cc are updated and it is only happening with 70-90% of City Living clothing
Message 20 of 1,472 (12,991 Views)