[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims clitching

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi thanks, I've tried repairing it thru origin and unstalled it and re-installed it but nothing has helped

Message 1311 of 1,476 (1,529 Views)

Re: Sims clitching

Hero
@LokkiFromFinland Have you been using custom skins ? Have you deleted the localthumbcache file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1312 of 1,476 (1,508 Views)

Maybe a virus?

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded a lot of expansions packs and have a lot of things for sims 4, but after I downloaded them, there's a weird thing when I make my sims and the grounds. For example when I make a new family, some of the clothes/hair/makeup etc I can't use, because if I do the sims is covered in question marks and red, black and white colours that covers the total sims, so I can't see the sims face or anything. I have tried to uninstall and install origin again and I have tried the cleanser of origin. Please help, I can't play while this is happening... 

I tried to oploade the screens I took of the sims and ground - but the files are too big

Message 1313 of 1,476 (1,175 Views)

Re: Maybe a virus?

★★★★ Guide

Are you using CC?

Message 1314 of 1,476 (1,165 Views)

Re: Maybe a virus?

Champion (Retired)

@asunesen 

Please read this thread. [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation - Answer HQ (ea.com)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1315 of 1,476 (1,144 Views)

Get To Work, Furniture Crossed out, Sims are red and white and have ?? marks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With getting to work
What happens when the bug occurs? all furniture gets crossed out in build mode, you can't place it or see it and any sims wearing get to work things will be crossed out in red and white with questions marks all over
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the content provided in the main menu when you purchase the pack
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried a bunch of solutions through the forums but nothing has helped, I made a report with EA and I'm hoping to get it fixed, I just wanted to play the game though, yes I've tried preparing the game and a bunch of other stuff, I just wanna have the pack that I paid for and to be able to use in the first place.

Message 1316 of 1,476 (1,136 Views)

Re: Get To Work, Furniture Crossed out, Sims are red and white and have ?? marks

@Gst8x5  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repairing again: sometimes the first repair doesn't work, especially if Origin's cache contains stale data.

If that doesn't help, please try a factory reset:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1317 of 1,476 (1,097 Views)

Sims 4 weird floor glitch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? current version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? leave the lot and come back
What happens when the bug occurs? the floors change colors, leaving purples, reds, greens, and green question marks all over the floors. saving and quitting sometimes works but not 100% of the time.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the floor looking how its supposed to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've removed mods and cc but it still happens. not sure what's going on. its not my graphics.. deleting the floor and rebuilding it doesn't help. exiting the game only works 50% of the time. this is weird and I'm frustrating. if i want to play this game I  don't want to exit 5 times in an hour because anytime my sim leaves the lot with or without me it does this

Message 1318 of 1,476 (926 Views)

Rif.: Sims 4 weird floor glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@GalaxySimmer98did you delete the localthumbcache.package file from The Sims 4 folder before restarting?

Message 1319 of 1,476 (915 Views)

Rif.: Sims 4 weird floor glitch

★★★ Novice

i did not but i will now and hope for the best

Message 1320 of 1,476 (909 Views)