[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't edit sims, loading game only shows world options

Hero
@smolberry I merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try a game repair and the other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1271 of 1,472 (3,823 Views)

body textures not loading

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go onto new game and create any sim
What happens when the bug occurs? the textures (clothes and skin, hair, facial features, etc) do not load and appear and red and white squares with question marks on them.
What do you expect to see? the sim with correct textures and colours
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

here is a picture of the glitch

Message 1272 of 1,472 (3,563 Views)

Re: body textures not loading

Hero
@V----Spider----V I merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try a game repair and the other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1273 of 1,472 (3,554 Views)

ask

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Dine Out, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the city, hairstyles, and aspiration trait from city living
What happens when the bug occurs? The hairstyles, city, and aspiration trait from City Living all glitch.
What do you expect to see? The hairstyles without question marks, the city without blue blocks, and the aspiration with a logo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I own the City Living Pack and it started after I updated my game but I haven't updated my game in a while.

Message 1274 of 1,472 (3,333 Views)

Re: ask

Hero

Could you try if repairing the game works ?

1. Close the game

2. Right-Click on the game in Origin

3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1275 of 1,472 (3,318 Views)

sims

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out Stuff Packs: Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living Kits: None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check CAS hairs and bunkbeds
What happens when the bug occurs? The items work normally, but the thumbnails for bunkbed items and new afro hairs are broken. The bunkbeds are all a purple neon color and the hairs are red and white checkered with some question marks in the thumbnails.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see normal looking thumbnails for the afro hairs and bunkbeds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I hadn't played my game in a while, so I think I must have updated a few patches at once.

I have tried a lot of different things to fix the issue.  I've deleted a lot of unnecessary files that regenerate when the game restarts, repaired my game, and cleared my origin cache and the issue still appears.  

Message 1276 of 1,472 (3,284 Views)

issue

★★★ Novice

I updated my game and I noticed that the thumbnails for bunkbeds and some of the the new afro textured hairs are broken.  The thumbnail for the bunk bed is a neon purple, and the one for the new hairs is checkered white and red with some question marks.  The items were initially broken and appeared like that in my game until I repaired it.  After I repaired my game, the items work, but the thumbnails are still broken.  I have tested to make sure that it's not a mod causing this issue.  I also deleted a lot of the unnecessary files that regenerate when the game starts, repaired my game, and cleared my origin cache, but I'm still having this issue.  Does anyone know what could be causing this?  Oddly, it's only the first thumbnail that's broken. If I check the other swatches, they look fine.

Message 1277 of 1,472 (3,265 Views)

Re: sims

Hero
@Rowlena I merged your post with the master on this issue. I know you said you repaired the game but could you try that again ? It helped most people

If it doesn't help, there's some other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1278 of 1,472 (3,244 Views)

Can't Edit in Create A Sim

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Create A Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open Create A Sim, all that appears is the shadow of a new Sim with no option to customize them at all, via story or not, and I can't open my options menu to quit.
What do you expect to see? The regular Create A Sim screen.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the newest May 27th 2021 patch.

I removed all my custom content, and deleted the localthumbcache, as Google said I should. I even tried moving my Sims 4 folder in Documents to a back-up and letting the game generate a new folder, but that didn't work either. It was working fine until I updated to the new version.

Message 1279 of 1,472 (3,160 Views)

Re: Can't Edit in Create A Sim

Hero
@Damien_Damien189 Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1280 of 1,472 (3,156 Views)