[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Just Updated and My Game is Messed Up

Hero
@girknumber2 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try a game repair and the other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1261 of 1,476 (2,620 Views)

My Sims look like they're glitching out

★★★ Newbie

My sims are looking like things from a horror film.  I just updated my game yesterday and now all of them have red eyes and their skin is just red and white squares with question marks here and there.  I don't use any mods, cc, or anything.  Anybody know why this is happening?

Message 1262 of 1,476 (2,634 Views)

Re: My Sims look like they're glitching out

Champion (Retired)

@Diamond_OO1 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1263 of 1,476 (2,627 Views)

Question mark patterned sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Arbejdstid, Bliv berømt, Byliv, Grønt er Skønt, Hunde og Katte, Nye venner, Snedrømme, Tropeliv, Udforsk universitetet, Årstider, Småt og Smart stuff pack, Tumlingeindhold, Vaskedagindhold
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the sim creator or a saved game and you will easily see if a sim is affected by the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothes, skin and hair of my sims and NPCs are covered with a checkered red-white pattern and question marks. The issue occurs for sims of specific eye colours (light brown and turquoise) more often than others, and sometims changing the eye colour will “fix” the bug.
What do you expect to see? Regular coloring eg. skintone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Origin client installed a patch for Sims 4 on march 5th 2021, the bug has been there since, and have never occured before this patch.

The clothes, skin and hair of my sims and NPCs are covered with a checkered red-white pattern and question marks. The issue occurs for sims of specific eye colours (light brown and turquoise) more often than others.

Message 1264 of 1,476 (2,614 Views)

Re: Question mark patterned sims

Hero
@Simspigen I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1265 of 1,476 (2,596 Views)

Sims

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, Island living, get famous, seasons, cats&dog, city living, get to work, realm of magic, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out, Spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, bowling night, vintage Glamour, romantic garden, movie hang out, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? It occurs when sims change they clothes as well as when I'm creating the sim. The bugs are on some of the sim's clothes or on its whole body as appeared in the attached photos.
What do you expect to see? Sims become the same as before with no BUGs on them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached 2 photos 

Message 1266 of 1,476 (2,546 Views)

Re: Sims

Hero
@JiaDape I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1267 of 1,476 (2,534 Views)

★★ Novice

Game repair didn’t solve the issue.

Message 1268 of 1,476 (2,505 Views)

Hero
@Simspigen Did you try all the other suggestions on the first post as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1269 of 1,476 (2,493 Views)

Can't edit sims, loading game only shows world options

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS and loading any game
What happens when the bug occurs? In CAS I cannot edit my sim's appearance, only the personality traits. I can't hear the voice or see the walks. Also, when loading any game I can only see destination worlds and residential worlds.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to customize my sim and actually play my game instead of just seeing the residential/destination worlds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1270 of 1,476 (2,497 Views)