[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Rainbow Question Marks

@Jordan2495  Try repairing the game in Origin: right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your game library and select Repair.

If this doesn't help, please post a screenshot of what you're seeing, and let us know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 101 of 1,472 (3,098 Views)

Re: Rainbow Question Marks

★ Novice

Thank you, I will try that now.

Message 102 of 1,472 (3,089 Views)

Re: Invisible Household Members/Broken Tiles

Hero
@hlcastile Merged your post with the master thread on this although the invisible Sims are new.

Could you try right-clicking on the game and hit repair game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 1,472 (4,470 Views)

New patch broke my game.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs - all except Cats & Dogs GPs - all except Dine Out SPs - Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game and see if Newcrest is in the neighbourhood menu. Also check if sims are present and flooring is displaying correctly.
What happens when the bug occurs? I move my mods outside of the game and downloaded the new update because it was required. I then opened the game to a save where I was playing with Newcrest. The last played household shows in the start menu but have vanished I opened a different household in the same save. The sim's panels are there but he isn't show and the flooring looks weird - purple with blue and red and question marks. I did the same with other households in the same save and it happened again. I can't seem to do anything at all. The same applies to a different save and Newcrest is again gone. I decided to start a new save to see if it affects new games but can't do anything in CAS,
What do you expect to see? I would like Newcrest back so I can play my families again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from 25/11/19. I only installed it at this point because it was required.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bHw10qU.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NsiOtZ2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0zvTXkk.jpg[/img]

Message 104 of 1,472 (3,180 Views)

Re: New patch broke my game.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Update - I repaired my game and I think it's ok now.  I guess something went wrong during the update process.

Message 105 of 1,472 (2,968 Views)

Re: Packs are broken

★★★ Newbie

This is what I'm seeing whenever I select anything from the become famous pack.

Message 106 of 1,472 (2,950 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

@ladyjulbug  I've moved your post to the master thread for this issue.  Please try repairing your game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 107 of 1,472 (2,907 Views)

issue with creating sims

★★★ Newbie

When creating a sim their body comes up white and red with question marks all over it and also It's not letting me edit their clothes or face 

Message 108 of 1,472 (2,898 Views)

Re: issue with creating sims

Hero (Retired)
@treacle2710

Open Origin/My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If it will not work and you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop and try without it.

I don't work for EA
Message 109 of 1,472 (2,495 Views)

Re: Invisible Household Members/Broken Tiles

★ Novice

This fixed both issues! Thank you! 

Message 110 of 1,472 (2,497 Views)