[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Game not working after patch

★★★ Newbie

My sims game isnt working for example on the main menu there was llama signs on some of the packs and then in create a sim it wasnt letting me click most of the things. Also some of the base faces has gone red and white checked with a black question mark. I have no cc in my game I am going to try restart it and see if it helps. This has just happened after the october patch but if anyone could help that would be great.

Message 1051 of 1,476 (866 Views)

Re: Game not working after patch

@Gearley07  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Or, if you're on a Mac, let me know, and I'll move this thread to the Mac section; repairing is more complicated in macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1052 of 1,476 (850 Views)

Re: A few of my sims have no textures

★★★ Newbie

Hi i repaired it many times but it’s still the same, i deleted most of my mods yet still it’s the same. Im so frustrated please help

Message 1053 of 1,476 (1,051 Views)

Re: A few of my sims have no textures

Hero
@cherilynameera Did you try all the suggestions on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1054 of 1,476 (1,030 Views)

Sims 4 Update: Skin Missing

★★★ Newbie

With the new update, my sims have lost their skins and have taken on a red and white appearance. There’s question marks all over their bodies, making the game pretty unplayable and unenjoyable. I have never had custom content or mods, so nothing should be messing with it. Please consider fixing!!!

Message 1055 of 1,476 (1,199 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update: Skin Missing

★★ Expert

@TheNerdyGirl05--can you try repairing your game through Origin? right-click on it in your game library, and choose 'repair' from the options in the menu you will see appear.

Message 1056 of 1,476 (1,180 Views)

Sims 4 Discover University update issue Oct 2020

★★★ Newbie

I'm having an issue with the Sims 4 Discover University after the most recent October 6th 2020 update. I installed the update, and then when I opened the game up, all of the CAS items and objects from Discover University are gone. It says that its still installed and I can still enroll in university, but all the items are gone.

Message 1057 of 1,476 (889 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University update issue Oct 2020

@kthwlbr16  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1058 of 1,476 (875 Views)

CAS items causing Sims to become checkered red and white

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use certain items in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim becomes checkered white and red with question marks. Continues in CAS and live mode.
What do you expect to see? A Sim who looks like a Sim with clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1059 of 1,476 (1,084 Views)

Re: CAS items causing Sims to become checkered red and white

Hero
@SiriusFrodo I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1060 of 1,476 (1,071 Views)