[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Problems after 18th August Upgrade

Hero
@FranArtRG I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 941 of 1,472 (843 Views)

Re: Got the newest update and now page

Champion (Retired)

@chloeh33 

Ok. I see that what you meant to write was that the game said you did not own these DLCs

This is likely a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

After doing the above Rightclick the game in Origin and Select Repair.

If you are on Mac please return with that info as there are additional steps there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 942 of 1,472 (845 Views)

Game VERY broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions All game packs Stuff Packs: Backyard Cool Kitchen Laundry Day Movie Hangout Nifty Knitting Perfect Patio Romantic Garden Tiny Living Toddler Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mine just loads like this so I'm unsure if it's possible
What happens when the bug occurs? My worlds only display worlds from packs, no base game worlds ALL households are wiped and non existent (including NPCs) When I go to CAS there is only a dark circle of shadow on the 'floor' as well as the UI elements but no sim There may be gameplay issues but I haven't been able to get that far.
What do you expect to see? I expect all the worlds to load, with their households, and be able to create more sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest game update for the Sims 4

I'd like to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling if possible but happy to try anything. It's completely broken and unplayable because I can't even get past CAS (See screenshot)

Message 943 of 1,472 (826 Views)

Re: Game VERY broken

Hero
@QueenOfTheCookie I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 944 of 1,472 (812 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

★★★ Newbie

When ever I load my character for the sims 4, they appear to have a strange blue skin with question marks. This appears to be happening to the neighbours and I don't know what to do, I've tried to log off and on but nothing so working. (The texture packs or something.)

Message 945 of 1,472 (810 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

Hero
@icecreemlovee101 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 946 of 1,472 (805 Views)

No original content? Only CC and expansion packs?

★★★ Newbie

I have no original content for the majority of categories when building. I have nothing to make a roof with. The walls and floors are different when you first create them and I can only use expansion or custom content. It also seems that some of the items I place down aren’t showing up.

Message 947 of 1,472 (939 Views)

Update, now no neighbourhoods available.

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I am on a windows PC, and I play the Spanish version of the Sims, as it helps me learn vocabulary. This does mean I find the menus occasionally tricky to navigate, so I may have missed something. 

The game updated on Origin this evening before it let me play, and now when I try to load a game it displays a whole set of neighbourhoods I've never seen, none of which are the ones my Sims live in, and none of which are available without purchasing some game add-on that I don't own. 

I don't get it. How do I get back to my neighbourhoods? I can't see any option of explanation for why this has happened. 

Thanks. 

Message 948 of 1,472 (922 Views)

Re: No original content? Only CC and expansion packs?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ukuitano Have you tried the suggestions in this thread ?

@j0hannad_m Also merged your post. Try repairing the game through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 949 of 1,472 (895 Views)

Missing worlds, Sims and gameplay

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I've been having severe technical issues with my gameplay as soon as I load into the game - for instance, once I load my existing game or create a new save, I cannot see any Sims or make a new sim in Create-A-Sim. Equally my worlds begin at Magnolia Promenade, I am missing Oasis Springs,Willow Creek and Newcrest. I am unable to load existing families (e.g., the Hecking family) except for San Myshuna families. In the rarity of being able to load a family, I am presented with no sim and no objects - I loaded Penny Pizzazz and was presented with grey tiles and no Sim (I have also never played Penny in this particular save file).

I'm very unsure what's happened as I've played the Sims 4 since it was released and have never had any difficulties like this before. I haven't downloaded any mods or CC to this device. I am a PC player using Origin, and this problem has happened for the last two weeks. 

I would be very grateful for any support given as playing the Sims is a great escape for me. 

Thank you! Standard smile 

Message 950 of 1,472 (880 Views)