[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: create a sim

★ Novice

Yeah I did that and reinstalled the game also and neither did anything. 

Message 921 of 1,476 (1,002 Views)

Hero
@taylorbenwell95 Did you try all the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 922 of 1,476 (972 Views)

★ Novice

yes I repaired the game through origin twice and I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s still happening. 90% of everything is red and white! It’s only started occurring since I downloaded the three new expansion packs. I’ve deleted all the mod cc and it’s still happening. I just want to play sims Frown

Message 923 of 1,476 (928 Views)

Hero

@taylorbenwell95 

There are some other suggestions

Suggestions how to solve this

• Check if all your CC is still compatible with the game
  • Repair the game through Origin by right-clicking on it
  • Delete the following file (it will recreate, it's a cache file): documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\localthumbcache.package
  • Reset your game to factory settings
  • Reinstall your game

Did you also try those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 924 of 1,476 (915 Views)

Skin color gone

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Skin colors doesn’t show up
What do you expect to see? Skin color
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims do not have a skin color it’s just red and white with question marks on it 

Message 925 of 1,476 (885 Views)

Re: Skin color gone

Hero
@jjulien900 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 926 of 1,476 (862 Views)

Sims Features Missing

★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: Strangerville, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing a household in Live Mode or in Create/Change a Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? On all sims in household whether I play an existing household or attempt to create a new household. I get red and white blotches all over their body, not showing their skin color, facial features, or eye color just their hair color. This is constant and only started after downloading Strangerville and Parenthood. I also see colored patches all over the ground and objects with a big question mark
What do you expect to see? I should be able to see their features including skin, eye color, nose, etc but all I see if the red and white blotchiness. On the ground where it should be green grass there will be random blotches of color with a big questions mark
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased and downloaded Strangerville and Parenthood a few days ago and after installing and loading the Sims is when I noticed this issue.

Screenshots of issues in Game Play

Message 927 of 1,476 (1,001 Views)

Re: Sims Features Missing

Hero

Hi @mooneysavannah 

I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 928 of 1,476 (939 Views)

unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I updated my game now when I open any load game it takes me to a screen of maps I don't have, not showing any of the maps I do have. When I try to make a new game it takes me to the sim creator, but there is no sim. the only button I can press is to exit. What do you expect to see? My load game open. or the sim creator
What do you expect to see? My load game open. or the sim creator
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I updated my game now when I open any load game it takes me to a screen of maps I don't have, not showing any of the maps I do have. When I try to make a new game it takes me to the sim creator, but there is no sim. the only button I can press is to exit. What do you expect to see? My load game open. or the sim creator

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? don't know

What happens when the bug occurs? I updated my game now when I open any load game it takes me to a screen of maps I don't have, not showing any of the maps I do have. When I try to make a new game it takes me to the sim creator, but there is no sim. the only button I can press is to exit.

Message 929 of 1,476 (959 Views)

Sims 4 Update Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After being prompted to update the latest version of the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything seems very glitchy. In Create a Sim, I can't make modifications to the sim when you click on a certain part of the body. For example, clicking on the eye to change the eye shape. All the base game locations have gone away. When I uploaded a sim I had used before from my gallery and went to a location, the sim and the dog had no features and were just completely pitch black dark. I could not do anything in build mode because it never fully loaded.
What do you expect to see? Just literally the opposite of what was described above.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was thinking maybe I need to restart my game but I'm not sure how, but I am also wondering if any others are having the same issue. 

Message 930 of 1,476 (956 Views)