[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

My Base Game worlds and some build items won’t load!!

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Island Living, Get to Work, Discover University, Toddler Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I literally noticed it as soon as I clicked on the save I wanted and it brought me up to the pick a world page
What happens when the bug occurs? I just logged into my game and my base game worlds aren’t there, and neither are some items in build mode, when I go to build the basic Build items show “?” In red and blue
What do you expect to see? All my base game features in their rightful spots
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn’t check CAS but I don’t use it too much, I was on there to build, my floors are not there but doors are, I’m quite confused on what the issue is, I even turned off my CC

Message 901 of 1,476 (845 Views)

Why don't half my characters work and are red and white question people sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I'm currently reinstalling the game in the hope that doing so will allow me to play it.  The last expansion pack messed with my game so much it had to be redownloaded. First it deleted all my expansion packs and when I redownloaded them it made them red and white with question marks.  This essentially meant that they were unplayable.   I was too late to contact support for the day and now am trying to redownload the game

Message 902 of 1,476 (833 Views)

Re: My Base Game worlds and some build items won’t load!!

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kenzilorraine I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

@sarenelsoria Reinstalling should hopefully work too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 903 of 1,476 (798 Views)

Graphic issues after 07.23.2020 patch download

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? My graphics are not working since I downloaded the 07/23/2020 patch. My sims are in varying degrees color block red, white and black with black question marks on them. Some of the clothes are the same way. I have ranibow colored plants with green question marks on them.
What do you expect to see? A normal sim and plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the update from 07/23/2020.

I took 2 screenshots but I can't figure out how to get them here.

Message 904 of 1,476 (1,097 Views)

Re: Graphic issues after 07.23.2020 patch download

Hero
@Jrsmom06 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 905 of 1,476 (1,063 Views)

Re: Graphic issues after 07.23.2020 patch download

★★★ Newbie

That did it!!  Thank you so much!!

Message 906 of 1,476 (1,044 Views)

Only base game CAS is working

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, university, get famous, seasons, pets, city living, get to work, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, dine out, tiny living, laundry day, and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use any CAS items from packs in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim turns into a red and white checkered person with question marks.
What do you expect to see? Pack content on my sim.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch before the release of nifty knitting.

Photos attached

Message 907 of 1,476 (1,039 Views)

Re: Only base game CAS is working

Hero
@cara2323 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 908 of 1,476 (995 Views)

Sims 4 Cats N Dogs World Error

★★★ Newbie

So I downloaded and installed the Sims 4 starter pack and then downloaded and installed the Sims 4 Cats N Dogs. It was working fine up until today when I tried to play. It says "finalizing" under the expansion pack details. When I open up Sims 4 and click Cats N Dogs it works up until I try to load a saved game. Because my saved game was played in Brindleton Bay (which is a world for the sims cats n dogs) it says the world was not installed, when it's finished installing restart Origin to play the game... which doesn't make sense because the entire game and expansion pack is already downloaded and installed. In my saved game my sim has no hair and my dogs are missing. But my other saved game is fine, I just can't play it. Can someone tell me how I can fix this or if there is an Origin customer service email I can use to contact Origin? The chat option is unavailable and so is the call option. Thank you in advance! Standard smile 

Message 909 of 1,476 (923 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cats N Dogs World Error

@kclinder77  Please clear Origin's cache (Windows) or run the Origin reset tool (macOS):

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Restart your computer, and repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then check whether you need to redownload Cats & Dogs.  If Origin doesn't start the download automatically, you can click on the Sims 4 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, find C&D on the list, and click Download if it's showing.

For the save with missing content, try recovering a backup version, that is once you've confirmed that the pack is loading again.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 910 of 1,476 (881 Views)