[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: sims are red and white and covered in question marks

Champion
@purplealacorn open Origin, right click on The Sims 4 in your game library and choose "Repair". It should restore any missing or damaged files, which could solve your issue if it's caused by that.
Message 891 of 1,472 (764 Views)

Re: Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue but when I right click on the game in Origin there is no option to Repair game. 

Message 892 of 1,472 (769 Views)

Sims have question marks on there face and are white and red.

★★★ Newbie

Sims are red and white with question marks on the forehead. 

Message 893 of 1,472 (748 Views)

No skin tones and some icons have a place holder

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, strangerville, cats&dogs, island living, get to work, realm of magic, jungle adventure, spa day, outdoor retreat, vintage glamour, romantic garden, luxury party, and holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can't
What happens when the bug occurs? Skins tones are white and red checkered print with black question marks, and icons show up as a flying llama place holder.
What do you expect to see? skin tone I selected to show up as shown, and icons to be there normal images.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to latest version on july, 23, 2020

Just downloaded the latest update, and now my sims don't have a skin color and some of the icons are a grey flying llama place holder. The skin color of the sims is a white and red checkered pattern with a black question mark. The icons that have the placeholder are some of the packs to purchase on the home screen, and the newcrest world in the world selection part of the game. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 894 of 1,472 (940 Views)

Re: No skin tones and some icons have a place holder

Hero

@paigexxs @JenaCarol 

Merged your post sith the master thread on this

Please see first post for more info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 895 of 1,472 (929 Views)

Updated Sims 4 & now all worlds are accessed via an Expansion Pack

★★★★★ Newbie

The game updated today (after 2 weeks of vacation from playing) and now all the free worlds appear to be gone and the only worlds available come with expansion packs that must be purchased.

Am I missing something?  Such as a new way to enter the old free worlds that I used to have when I originally bought Sims 4?  Has it been adjusted to a totally new and hidden way to play those worlds?  Or is this a glitch that came with the install of the update?  Please tell me it's a glitch and not a choice by EA to force us to purchase an Expansion Pack just to play.  If that happens to be the case, I will be deleting Sims 4 from my computer immediately.  Surely that is not the case though, right?  Right?

I have tried loading my  previous game, still brings me to the page with all the for purchase Expansion Pack worlds and no way to bypass it.
I have tried clicking on the green Play button but it again brings me to the page with all the for purchase Expansion Pack worlds and no way to bypass it.

Message 896 of 1,472 (895 Views)

Missing base game worlds and build stuff

★ Novice

Hello,

Since the July 23rd patch I seem to have lost some base game stuff. I first noticed this when I went to one of my builds and realized some of my flooring was gone. Then I realized that I also no longer have Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, and Newcrest in my game. Yikes! Everything that's missing is base game and I tried it without any CC in the game so I don't think CC is the problem. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Message 897 of 1,472 (924 Views)

Re: Missing base game worlds and build stuff

Hero
@Jesheldon I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 898 of 1,472 (902 Views)

Re: Missing base game worlds and build stuff

★ Novice

Thanks, it worked!

Message 899 of 1,472 (874 Views)

Re: Updated Sims 4 & now all worlds are accessed via an Expansion Pack

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@SouthernMage76 It sounds like something did not update correctly during the game patch install. I am still able to access the three base game worlds just fine in my game. Are you playing on PC or Mac? Can you try repairing your game through Origin?

While logged in on Origin:

- Select My Game Library

- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile

- Select Repair from the pop-up menu

This will run a scan on your Sims 4 system files and repair or replace anything that is missing. This will not affect your user files like your Saves, Mods, or Tray folders. Let the scan go through your base game and expansion packs (if you are on PC). When it's finished, restart your game and see if everything looks good again. Please let us know if you are on a Mac.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 900 of 1,472 (859 Views)